August 9, 2018 As anyone who has experienced an annoying alternation between dry and watery eyes can confirm, tears alone aren’t enough to keep the eye from drying out. A microscopically thin film of oils known as the tear film lipid layer is key to preventing the tear film from evaporating. In this month’s issue […]Continue Reading ...
June 27, 2018 Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States, and high triglyceride levels in the blood are cited as just one of several risk factors. Millions of lipid panels, blood tests that look at cholesterol levels as well as triglycerides, are performed in clinics each year. Two new Morgridge Institute […]Continue Reading ...
June 13, 2018 Scientists from EPFL and the University of Wisconsin-Madison have carried out one of the most extensive lipidomics studies to date, connecting almost 150 different lipid species to their respective genetic regulators, revealing signatures of metabolic health and disease. Published in two papers in Cell Systems, the study is a landmark for metabolic […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly nine, 2017 Learning how our our bodies metabolize lipids similar to fatty acids, triglycerides, and ldl cholesterol can educate us about heart problems, diabetes, and different well being issues, in addition to expose elementary cell purposes. However the strategy of learning what occurs to lipids after being fed on has been each technologically […]Continue Reading ...
Might nine, 2017 Learning how our our bodies metabolize lipids corresponding to fatty acids, triglycerides, and ldl cholesterol can educate us about heart problems, diabetes, and different well being issues, in addition to disclose elementary mobile purposes. However the means of finding out what occurs to lipids after being fed on has been each technologically […]Continue Reading ...
Gaucher illness is a genetic dysfunction of lipid metabolism. Sphingosine, a compound as enigmatic because the sphinx, performs a key function on this metabolic dysfunction. Scientists from the Bonn analysis middle caesar have known one of the advanced molecular mechanisms of the way the illness develops. Those findings may just give a contribution to the […]Continue Reading ...
June 14, 2018 Brown tissue whitening causes cell death, inflammation There’s more than one type of fat cell. Besides the white fat that stores triglycerides in lipid droplets in preparation for lean times later, mammals also have heat-generating brown fat, which acts more like a radiator than a storage closet. Brown fat cells are smaller, […]Continue Reading ...
April 10, 2018 Intestinal bacteria have attracted recent attention since they were discovered to influence various physiological functions and diseases in humans. Researchers from Kumamoto University in Japan analyzing the influence of changes in intestinal bacteria on sugar and lipid metabolism have found that secondary bile acids produced by the bacteria can influence blood glucose […]Continue Reading ...
April 17, 2017 Scientists have known the gene accountable for producing acylceramide, the important thing lipid in forming the outside barrier that protects us from pathogens, allergens and different destructive elements. This discovering may end up a very powerful in creating drugs for treating atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis. Defects of the outside barrier can cause […]Continue Reading ...
April 17, 2017 at 1:45 AM Scientists have known the gene liable for producing acylceramide, the important thing lipid in forming the surface barrier that protects us from pathogens, allergens and different damaging elements. This discovering may just end up a very powerful in growing drugs for treating atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis. Defects of the […]Continue Reading ...
- Scientists explore ways for drug therapies to reach deadly brain tumors
- Rethinking fundamental rule of stroke care: ‘Time is brain!’
- Scientists reveal role of ‘junk DNA’ in cancer dissemination
- Google’s DeepMind AI could soon be diagnosing eye conditions
- Scientists trick the brain to embody the prosthetic limb
- Researchers focus on uncoupling obesity from diabetes
- A class of proteins shown to be effective in reducing drug-seeking behaviors
- Gemphire Announces Termination of Phase 2a Clinical Trial of Gemcabene in Pediatric NAFLD
- Rheumatoid arthritis in pregnancy associated with low birth weight and premature birth
- Study may help increase effectiveness of antibiotics against drug-resistant bacteria
- Robotic walking frame aims to help maintain mobility of older adults
- Simple intervention during routine care reduces alcohol consumption in men with HIV
- Genetics Home Reference: gout
- Scientists ID genesis of disease, focus efforts on shape-shifting tau
- OncoThira and NDSU enter into license agreement to develop, market cancer compounds
- Scientists unravel the mystery behind ovarian cancer with high-grade serous carcinoma
- Common signs that indicate vision problems in children
- Removing the cancer label – overhaul in cancer classification proposed
- Prams may expose babies and toddlers to more air pollution finds study
- Duke researchers track missing T-cells in glioblastoma patients