WEDNESDAY, Jan. 16, 2019 — Many low-income women cannot afford menstrual hygiene supplies, according to a study published online Jan. 8 in Obstetrics & Gynecology. Anne Sebert Kuhlmann, Ph.D., M.P.H., from Saint Louis University, and colleagues surveyed 183 women and conducted three focus groups. The participants were recruited from nonprofits serving low-income women in St. […]Continue Reading ...
Women ‘make do’ while struggling to afford, access period products in major US metropolitan areas While access to menstrual hygiene products has been garnering attention in the developing world, low-income women and girls in major U.S. metropolitan areas also struggle to afford period supplies and often resort to making do with cloth, rags, paper towels, […]Continue Reading ...
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research scientists announced an experimental, rapid and non-invasive way to diagnose endometriosis, which may lead to earlier and more effective treatments for this disorder that affects approximately 176 million women globally. The scientists found that a particular feature of cells found in menstrual blood suggests that a patient has endometriosis, according […]Continue Reading ...
March 19, 2018 Giving one year of estrogen replacement to female athletes with exercise-induced menstrual irregularities improves drive for thinness, body dissatisfaction and uncontrolled eating, a new study finds. The research results will be presented Saturday, March 17, at ENDO 2018, the annual scientific meeting of the Endocrine Society, in Chicago, Ill. “Female athletes with […]Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 A learn about of just about 130 ladies and younger women folk suggests concussion was once related to greater chance of getting two or extra irregular menstrual bleeding patterns, consistent with a piece of writing revealed by means of JAMA Pediatrics. The learn about by means of Anthony P. Kontos, Ph.D., of […]Continue Reading ...
Supply: American School of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – PDFContinue Reading ...
NORTH CHICAGO, Sick., April 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), an international biopharmaceutical corporate in cooperation with Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: NBIX), as of late introduced detailed effects from a Segment 2b scientific trial comparing the efficacy and protection of elagolix by myself or together with add-back remedy (estradiol/norethindrone acetate) in comparison to placebo. […]Continue Reading ...
New research suggests that infant girls fed soy formula are more likely to develop severe menstrual pain as young adults. The finding adds to the growing body of literature that suggests exposure to soy formula during early life may have detrimental effects on the reproductive system. The study appears online in the journal Human Reproduction. […]Continue Reading ...
April 25, 2018 Girls diagnosed with type 2 diabetes have a high frequency of menstrual irregularities, according to a new study published in the Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. Menstrual irregularities can have a variety of causes, including pregnancy, hormonal imbalances, infections, diseases, trauma and certain medications. Adult women with obesity are […]Continue Reading ...
April 27, 2017 A scientific evaluate of the broadcast literature on yoga apply and not unusual menstrual problems discovered that the entire research evaluated reported a really useful impact and decreased signs. The affect of a variety of yoga interventions on menstrual misery related to bodily and mental signs for premenstrual girls are described in […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, July three, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — After a concussion, a tender girl would possibly understand that her following couple of menstrual sessions are somewhat off-schedule, a brand new learn about reveals. “The findings counsel that adolescent and younger ladies have considerably greater odds of a couple of, strange menstrual patterns following concussion, in comparison […]Continue Reading ...
April 27, 2017 A scientific evaluation of the printed literature on yoga apply and commonplace menstrual problems discovered that all the research evaluated reported a recommended impact and lowered signs. The affect of a variety of yoga interventions on menstrual misery related to bodily and mental signs for premenstrual girls are described in an editorial […]Continue Reading ...
- U.S.-based patient advocacy organizations received majority of pharma donations, finds study
- UCL and AIIMS collaborates to increase academic and student exchange
- Mechanism behind how diabetes causes muscle loss revealed
- Hepatocellular carcinoma diagnosis, prognosis and treatment may improve by identifying a protein
- The American Heart Association issues new reference toolkit for healthcare providers
- Studies explore physiological dangers that climate change will have on animal life
- Penn study reveals increase in health-related internet searches before ER visits
- Intensive therapy during early stages of MS leads to better long-term outcomes
- Prenatal Fluconazole Exposure Increases Neonatal Risks
- Mental Health Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Study suggests birth mechanics are part of the process that leads to autism
- Unhealthy diet linked to poor mental health
- Study gives a snapshot of crocodile evolution
- Research finds steep rise in self-poisonings among young people
- American Gastroenterological Association announces “AGA Future Leaders Program”
- Scientists uncover new mechanisms regulating neural stem cells
- Combinations of certain insecticides turn out to be lethal for honeybees
- AHA News: Why Are Black Women at Higher Risk of Dying From Pregnancy Complications?
- NIMH » Anxiety Disorders
- Autistic people urgently need access to tailored mental health support