July 26, 2018 Engineers at Duke University have developed a way to manipulate, split and mix droplets of biological fluids by having them surf on acoustic waves in oil. The technology could form the basis of a small-scale, programmable, rewritable biomedical chip that is completely reusable for disparate purposes from on-site diagnostics to laboratory-based research. […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, June 8, 2018 — Omega-3 fatty acids — good fats found in fish — can boost the heart health of adults, but a new study suggests that babies might also stand to benefit from them. In the study from Australia, infants were given a daily fish oil supplement or a placebo from birth to […]Continue Reading ...
April 19, 2018 Eating fatty fish increases the size and lipid composition of HDL particles in people with impaired glucose metabolism, according to a new study from the University of Eastern Finland. These changes in the size and lipid composition of HDL particles make them beneficial for cardiovascular health. Published in Molecular Nutrition & Food […]Continue Reading ...
— You should check your cholesterol at least every five years, or more often if there’s a problem, the American Diabetes Association (ADA) says. Your blood sugar and blood pressure could influence your cholesterol levels, the association says, so a person with diabetes should pay particular attention to these risk factors. The ADA offers these […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Oct. 2, 2017 (HealthDay News) — Workers exposed to dispersants while cleaning up a major oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico developed health symptoms, including wheeze and eye irritation, a new study says. Dispersants are chemicals used to break up oil slicks into smaller patches that can be degraded naturally or diluted by […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers expose that supplementation with the fish oil compound DHA avoided seizures in mice via elevating ranges of the hormone estrogen within the mind.Continue Reading ...
June 21, 2017 The Mediterranean vitamin, wealthy in plant-based meals, is related to a lot of well being advantages, together with a decrease prevalence of dementia. Now, researchers on the Lewis Katz Faculty of Drugs at Temple College (LKSOM) have known a selected component that protects in opposition to cognitive decline: extra-virgin olive oil, a […]Continue Reading ...
Through Dr Ananya Mandal, MDJune 19, 2017 In line with a brand new document from the American Middle Affiliation, using coconut oil within the nutrition might not be such a good suggestion as up to now concept. The document comes from the Nutritional Fat and Cardiovascular Illness advisory that has seemed into a number of […]Continue Reading ...
Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay: Fake CBD Oil Sickens 52 People in Utah Up to 52 people in Utah have been made ill after consuming synthetic products falsely labeled as containing cannabidiol (CBD), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in […]Continue Reading ...
April 9, 2018 People living near oil and gas facilities along Colorado’s Northern Front Range may be exposed to hazardous air pollutants, including carcinogens like benzene, that could pose health risks above levels deemed acceptable by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, according to researchers at the Colorado School of Public Health, Boulder County Public Health, […]Continue Reading ...
October 4, 2017 Researchers at the University of California, Riverside have tested a genetically-modified (GM) soybean oil used in restaurants and found that while it induces less obesity and insulin resistance than conventional soybean oil, its effects on diabetes and fatty liver are similar to those of conventional soybean oil. Soybean oil is the major […]Continue Reading ...
September 19, 2017 Employees who have been most likely uncovered to dispersants whilst cleansing up the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill skilled a variety of well being signs together with cough and wheeze, and pores and skin and eye inflammation, consistent with scientists on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being (NIH). The learn about seemed […]Continue Reading ...
August 17, 2017 Scientists are more and more appreciating estrogen’s position in mind well being. Now for the primary time, manufacturing of estrogen within the mind has been without delay connected to the presence of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). DHA is located in abundance in fish oils and could also be synthesized from alpha-linolenic acid, an […]Continue Reading ...
By means of Dr Ananya Mandal, MDJune 21, 2017 Additional virgin oil is a part of the a lot purported Mediterranean vitamin this is recognized to be excellent for the mind in addition to the guts. The Mediterranean vitamin could also be recognized to scale back the chance of dementia construction. Additional Virgin Olive – […]Continue Reading ...
June 12, 2017 New analysis presentations that the brokers recurrently combined with hashish oil for vaping too can produce cancer-causing compounds when heated. The impact is very similar to the prospective well being dangers related to cigarette smoke and brokers utilized in e-cigarettes. The brand new learn about demonstrates that publicity to damaging ranges of […]Continue Reading ...
- Study shows DNA methylation related to liver disease among obese patients
- Life on the border: Back at Stanford, ready to pitch in
- New device for accurately placing hemodialysis catheters on kidney patients
- New strategy accelerates, automates process of prototype molecule optimization
- Study finds role of autoimmunity in development of COPD
- Researchers transform research tool to study neuronal function
- Cognitive impairment does not equate to unhappiness in older adults
- Peer Comparisons Can Decrease Risky Prescribing Patterns
- Susceptible genes identified for childhood chronic kidney disease
- Research uncovers miscarriage cause, identifies potential targets for treatment
- Bacterial armor could be new target for antibiotics | News Center
- FDA expands approval of Vertex’ cystic fibrosis medicine to treat children aged 12 to
- Give Your Child a Head Start With Math
- Ground-breaking study tests whether rejected livers can be made viable for transplantation
- New algorithm could improve diagnosis of rare diseases | News Center
- SCHILLER introduces latest generation of ECG device, CARDIOVIT AT-102 G2
- Proper treatment, refraining from smoking can reduce heart disease risk from type 2 diabetes
- Mount Sinai study could transform treatment for patients with retinal degenerative diseases
- Penn researchers develop first mouse model of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Four tips to help prevent fall allergy symptoms