When children are victims of crimes, the legal testimony they provide is known as forensic interviews. However, since victims are often traumatized and potentially abused by their caregivers they can be reluctant to come forward with accusations or disclose relevant information. As such, a protocol has been developed to carefully extract as much relevant information […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers from Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands) and Keio University (Japan) present a practicable and reliable way to test for infectious diseases. All you need are a special glowing paper strip, a drop of blood and a digital camera, as they write in the scientific journal Angewandte Chemie. Not only does this make the […]Continue Reading ...
August 22, 2018 Antibiotics – medicines that treat bacterial infections – have saved millions of lives worldwide since their discovery in the early 20th century. When we fill a prescription at the doctor’s office or pharmacy today, most of us take for granted that these commonly prescribed medicines are real, and of good quality. But […]Continue Reading ...
September 15, 2017 A paper printed as of late in Frontiers in Neurology outlines an ordeal of a drawing check that would assist assess other folks with Parkinson’s. Within the trial, volunteers had been requested to attract a spiral. By means of inspecting how lengthy it took them to attract the spiral and the way […]Continue Reading ...
August 22, 2017 A brand new medical-diagnostic tool created from paper detects biomarkers and identifies sicknesses by means of appearing electrochemical analyses – powered handiest by means of the person’s contact – and reads out the color-coded take a look at effects, making it simple for non-experts to know. “You should believe this a conveyable […]Continue Reading ...
August 7, 2017 Northwestern Medication scientists and engineers have invented a spread of bioactive “tissue papers” made of fabrics derived from organs which can be skinny and versatile sufficient to even fold into an origami fowl. The brand new biomaterials can probably be used to give a boost to herbal hormone manufacturing in younger most […]Continue Reading ...
March Eight, 2017 Meals poisoning is an endemic. But combating it’s a long way from foolproof. However in a brand new learn about in Analytical Chemistry, scientists record that they’re ultimate in on some way to make use of a mix of color-changing paper and electrochemical research — on plastic transparency sheets or easy paper […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly three, 2017 The Biologics Prescribers Collaborative (BPC), a venture of the Alliance for Affected person Get admission to, launched a brand new white paper, “The State of Biosimilars Coverage.” The paper is launched at the side of a congressional briefing on Capitol Hill the place professionals will talk about the present biosimilars coverage […]Continue Reading ...
Here is the future of electronic health records: A digital scribe listens in on patient visits, its algorithm boiling down complex interactions into a concise progress note, no additional documentation required from the doctor. An artificial intelligence assistant synthesizes data from a patient’s electronic file with medical literature to offer physicians options for optimal care, […]Continue Reading ...
May 25, 2018 Origami – the Japanese art of folding paper into shapes and figures – dates back to the sixth century. At UMass Lowell, it is inspiring researchers as they develop a 21st century solution to the shortage of tissue and organ donors. Gulden Camci-Unal, an assistant professor of chemical engineering, and her team […]Continue Reading ...
Two new financial analyses conclude that PCSK9 inhibitors are a long way too dear to be charge high-quality. Each research included information from FOURIER, the primary and nonetheless the one massive cardiovascular results trial with a PCSK9 inhibitor. The primary paper, revealed in JAMA, is an replace of an previous 2016 paper which concluded that […]Continue Reading ...
August 7, 2017 Northwestern Drugs scientists and engineers have invented a variety of bioactive “tissue papers” made of fabrics derived from organs which are skinny and versatile sufficient to even fold into an origami chook. The brand new biomaterials can probably be used to enhance herbal hormone manufacturing in younger most cancers sufferers and support […]Continue Reading ...
Might three, 2017 A brand new learn unearths that smartphone apps to trace menstrual cycles continuously disappoint customers with a loss of accuracy, assumptions about sexual identification or companions, and an emphasis on red and flowery shape over serve as and customization. The College of Washington analysis workforce gathered knowledge from 2,000 critiques of common […]Continue Reading ...
Might 2, 2017 Consider dressed in garments with layers of paper that offer protection to you from bad micro organism. A Rutgers-led crew has invented an affordable, efficient solution to kill micro organism and sanitize surfaces with gadgets manufactured from paper. “Paper is an historic subject matter, however it has distinctive attributes for brand spanking […]Continue Reading ...
Suppose you’re a public determine and feature a thrilling tale to inform. You method a writer, who consents to disseminate your paintings and gives a beneficiant advance to you because the creator. You’re making cash prior to writing anything else. The writer takes a chance however could make a huge benefit. Publishing in medication is […]Continue Reading ...
- Rainforest vine compound makes pancreatic cancer cells susceptible to nutrient starvation
- A new mechanism in the control of inflammation
- Age-related decline in abstract reasoning ability predicts depressive symptoms over time
- Scientists succeed in increasing stability, biocompatibility of light-transducing nanoparticles
- Sugar, a ‘sweet’ tool to understand brain injuries
- Pharmacist-Led Effort Cuts Inappropriate Rx in Older Adults
- Novel discovery could lead to new cancer, autoimmune disease therapy
- AHA and ADA launch new initiative to help people with type 2 diabetes reduce heart disease risk
- Balanced production of pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines at two years of age protects against malaria
- New pharmacological agent shows promise for prevention of heart rhythm disorders
- All That Social Media May Boost Loneliness, Not Banish It
- Scientists shine new light on link between obesity and cancer
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease closely track with changes in diet patterns
- Biogen Scoops Sixth Prix Galien Award with UK Win for Life-Changing Rare Disease Medicine
- Detectable HIV-1 in treated human liver cells found to be inert
- Using light to control crucial step in embryonic development
- Unusual case of father-to-son HIV transmission reported
- FDA Approves Aemcolo (rifamycin) to Treat Travelers’ Diarrhea
- Poverty blamed on widening north-south gap in young adult deaths in England
- Progress in meningitis lags far behind other vaccine-preventable diseases, analysis shows