August 17, 2018 The number of cases of progressive massive fibrosis (PMF) among U.S. coal miners has risen during the past two decades, even as the number of coal miners has declined, according to new research published online in the Annals of the American Thoracic Society. In “Progressive Massive Fibrosis Resurgence Identified in U.S. Coal […]Continue Reading ...
May 23, 2018 Progressive massive fibrosis (PMF), the most debilitating and deadly form of black lung disease, is increasing among U.S. coal miners despite the implementation of dust controls decades ago, according to new research presented at the ATS 2018 International Conference. Researchers analyzed U.S. Department of Labor data collected from former coal miners applying […]Continue Reading ...
- Study provides evidence of beta lactamase producing, antimicrobial resistant E. coli in U.S. retail meat
- UCI study finds new cause of cerebral microbleeds
- Researchers propose mechanism by which ASTN2 protein defects lead to brain disorders
- Chinese and German researchers to cooperate more closely in future for better food
- Recent study helps predict probability of pregnant mothers to have child with autism
- New online, sound matching tool offers tinnitus sufferers potential treatment options
- UC Davis researchers take critical step in developing more effective Salmonella vaccine
- Antibiotics best paediatric treatment for children’s chronic wet cough
- Looking beyond opioids: Stanford pain psychologist briefs Congress
- Organs actively fighting back against autoimmune diseases, finds study
- Lancaster professor aims to understand how genes affect smoking cessation
- Human-oriented perspective needed to better understand Parkinson’s disease
- Physical activity may have beneficial effects for people with rare Alzheimer’s disease
- FDA Updates on Valsartan Recalls
- 3-D-printed tracheal splints used in groundbreaking pediatric surgery
- Who is the designated driver, or proxy, for your health decisions?
- New chemo-optogenetic method enables multi-directional activity control of cellular processes
- Study explores link between genetic predisposition to Alzheimer’s and cardiometabolic risk factors
- NeoTract presents new clinical data from studies of UroLift System for patients with BPH
- Statins Improve Long-Term Survival After AAA Repair