August 14, 2018 New research illuminates how some men and boys who are contemplating suicide are finding emotional support in an unexpected place: Reddit. Sometimes referred to as the “front page of the Internet,” Reddit is a social news aggregation and discussion website that’s especially popular among young adult males. The website includes several topic-specific […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, April 25, 2018 — Too hot, too cold, too humid: Weather may influence whether or not people post negative comments on social media, researchers report. They compared weather conditions in relation to 2.4 billion Facebook posts and 1.1 billion Twitter posts between 2009 and 2016. And they found a strong association between specific weather […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 22, 2017 Cedars-Sinai researchers analyzed 1000’s of social media posts to decide the most important issues sufferers with inflammatory bowel illness (IBD) have about their prescribed therapies. The No. 1 affected person worry: Dangers of negative effects from biologic medicines even if dangers are far flung. Biologics are antibodies that paintings by way […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 22, 2017 Cedars-Sinai researchers analyzed hundreds of social media posts to resolve the most important issues sufferers with inflammatory bowel illness (IBD) have about their prescribed remedies. The No. 1 affected person fear: Dangers of unwanted effects from biologic medicines even if dangers are faraway. Biologics are antibodies that paintings via blockading sure […]Continue Reading ...
- 2017 Saw Slowing in National Health Care Spending
- Monitoring movement reflects efficacy of mandibular splint
- Study supports BMI as useful tool for assessing obesity and health
- Self-guided, internet-based therapy platforms effectively reduce depression
- Organically farmed food has bigger climate impact than conventional food production
- Faster, cheaper test has potential to enhance prostate cancer evaluation
- Researchers study abnormal blood glucose levels of patients after hospital discharge
- Swedish scientists explore direct association of dementia and ischemic stroke deaths
- Study finds 117% increase in number of dementia sufferers in 26 years
- Eczema Can Drive People to Thoughts of Suicide: Study
- Link between neonatal vitamin D deficiency and schizophrenia confirmed
- Nurse denied life insurance because she carries naloxone
- Ritalin drug affects organization of pathways that build brain networks used in attention, learning
- Research pinpoints two proteins involved in creation of stem cells
- Gut bacteria may modify effectiveness of anti-diabetes drugs
- Using machine learning to predict risk of developing life-threatening infections
- How imaginary friends could boost children’s development
- Folate deficiency creates more damaging chromosomal abnormalities than previously known
- Study provides new insights into molecular mechanisms underlying role of amyloid in Alzheimer’s disease
- For the asking, a check is in the mail to help pay for costly drugs