August 14, 2018 New research illuminates how some men and boys who are contemplating suicide are finding emotional support in an unexpected place: Reddit. Sometimes referred to as the “front page of the Internet,” Reddit is a social news aggregation and discussion website that’s especially popular among young adult males. The website includes several topic-specific […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, April 25, 2018 — Too hot, too cold, too humid: Weather may influence whether or not people post negative comments on social media, researchers report. They compared weather conditions in relation to 2.4 billion Facebook posts and 1.1 billion Twitter posts between 2009 and 2016. And they found a strong association between specific weather […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 22, 2017 Cedars-Sinai researchers analyzed 1000’s of social media posts to decide the most important issues sufferers with inflammatory bowel illness (IBD) have about their prescribed therapies. The No. 1 affected person worry: Dangers of negative effects from biologic medicines even if dangers are far flung. Biologics are antibodies that paintings by way […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 22, 2017 Cedars-Sinai researchers analyzed hundreds of social media posts to resolve the most important issues sufferers with inflammatory bowel illness (IBD) have about their prescribed remedies. The No. 1 affected person fear: Dangers of unwanted effects from biologic medicines even if dangers are faraway. Biologics are antibodies that paintings via blockading sure […]Continue Reading ...
- Bariatric Sx Cuts Macrovascular Complications in Obesity, T2DM
- Better assessments for early age-related macular degeneration
- Visible and valued: Stanford Medicine’s first-ever LGBTQ+ Forum | News Center
- Understanding of metal-free enzymes used by bacteria could lead to new effective antibiotics
- Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announces new research-focused website
- Study finds link between refined soluble fibers, gut microbiota and liver cancer
- Social media reduces risk of depression among seniors with pain
- Newly developed synthetic DNA molecule may one day be used as ‘vaccine’ for prostate cancer
- Preoperative weight loss may not provide health benefits after surgery
- U.S. Birth Rates Continue to Drop as Age of New Moms Rises
- New technology can keep an eye on babies’ movements in the womb
- Juul e-cigarettes pose addiction risk for young users | News Center
- Gene sequencing reveals crucial molecular aspects of Trypanosoma brucei
- New DNA vaccine strategy protects mice against lethal challenge by multiple H3N2 viruses
- Study shows close link between cytokine interleukin-1ß and obesity-promoted colon cancer
- Muscle mass plays a critical role in health, shows research
- Study finds undiagnosed prediabetes in many infertile men
- The Current issue of “The view from here” is concerned with Nanotherapeutic strategies
- Delay in replacing the Pap smear with HPV screening is costing lives
- Physicians battle pediatric diseases of ear, nose, throat in Zimbabwe | News Center