Our cognitive abilities come down to how well the connections, or synapses, between our brain cells transmit signals. A new study by researchers at MIT’s Picower Institute for Learning and Memory digs deep into the molecular mechanisms that enable synaptic transmission to show the distinct role of a protein that when mutated has been linked […]Continue Reading ...
In an extension of research published a month ago in Nature Methods, a novel hybrid approach performed by researchers from Clemson University’s department of physics and astronomy and Stony Brook University has revealed a 3-D structure of a protein fragment that could serve as a drug target in treating stroke patients. The protein called “postsynaptic […]Continue Reading ...
August 1, 2017 Hamilton Corporate expands its PSD/four precision syringe pressure product circle of relatives with the release of PSD/four Clean Drift. The brand new PSD/four Clean Drift delivers precise waft charges in nanoliters consistent with minute with general dispense occasions as much as eight hours. They are ideal for engineers searching for a cost-effective […]Continue Reading ...
PSD scaffold components self-assemble through liquid-liquid phase separation and the reconstituted PSD condensates recruit glutamate receptors, enrich synaptic enzymes and repel inhibitory protein. Credit: HKUST Synapses, the structures that allow neurons to pass signals to one another, are essential to neuronal function. Proper formation and responses to stimulation of synapses both during development and in […]Continue Reading ...
August 1, 2017 Hamilton Corporate expands its PSD/four precision syringe force product circle of relatives with the release of PSD/four Easy Float. The brand new PSD/four Easy Float delivers actual drift charges in nanoliters in line with minute with general dispense instances as much as eight hours. They are ideal for engineers searching for a […]Continue Reading ...
- New mobile phone game can detect people at risk of Alzheimer’s
- Veggies, Fruits and Grains Keep Your Heart Pumping
- Healthy meal kits can boost children’s long-term health
- Designing an inexpensive surgical headlight: A Q&A with a Stanford surgeon
- States Weigh Banning A Widely Used Pesticide Even Though EPA Won’t
- Integrator complex proteins are crucial for healthy brain development in fruit flies, study finds
- Measles vaccination rates are a ‘public health time bomb’
- Maths made easier for scientists students who shun the subject wins award
- Researchers decode how cancer drug works in brains of Parkinson’s disease patients
- Smarter Brain Cancer Trial Comes to Columbia
- Researchers Seek Sage Advice Of Elders On Aging Issues
- New chemical synthesis strategy leads to identification of novel, simpler derivatives
- Vanderbilt investigators discover link between vascular biology and eye disease
- Feces transplantation is effective and provides economic benefits
- Eisenhower Health first in Southern California to offer new lung valve treatment for COPD/emphysema
- Johns Hopkins researchers uncover role of neurotransmitter in the spread of aggressive cancers
- Porvair Sciences offers highly effective P3 microplate for biological sample clean-up
- Air pollution increases risk for respiratory hospitalization among childhood cancer survivors
- We are sitting more! How bad is that?
- Majority of stroke survivors not screened for osteoporosis, despite increased risk