Our cognitive abilities come down to how well the connections, or synapses, between our brain cells transmit signals. A new study by researchers at MIT’s Picower Institute for Learning and Memory digs deep into the molecular mechanisms that enable synaptic transmission to show the distinct role of a protein that when mutated has been linked […]Continue Reading ...
In an extension of research published a month ago in Nature Methods, a novel hybrid approach performed by researchers from Clemson University’s department of physics and astronomy and Stony Brook University has revealed a 3-D structure of a protein fragment that could serve as a drug target in treating stroke patients. The protein called “postsynaptic […]Continue Reading ...
August 1, 2017 Hamilton Corporate expands its PSD/four precision syringe pressure product circle of relatives with the release of PSD/four Clean Drift. The brand new PSD/four Clean Drift delivers precise waft charges in nanoliters consistent with minute with general dispense occasions as much as eight hours. They are ideal for engineers searching for a cost-effective […]Continue Reading ...
PSD scaffold components self-assemble through liquid-liquid phase separation and the reconstituted PSD condensates recruit glutamate receptors, enrich synaptic enzymes and repel inhibitory protein. Credit: HKUST Synapses, the structures that allow neurons to pass signals to one another, are essential to neuronal function. Proper formation and responses to stimulation of synapses both during development and in […]Continue Reading ...
August 1, 2017 Hamilton Corporate expands its PSD/four precision syringe force product circle of relatives with the release of PSD/four Easy Float. The brand new PSD/four Easy Float delivers actual drift charges in nanoliters in line with minute with general dispense instances as much as eight hours. They are ideal for engineers searching for a […]Continue Reading ...
- Newly identified subset of immune cells may be key to fighting chronic inflammation
- New immune response regulators discovered
- Poor blood oxygenation during sleep predicts chance of heart-related death
- First international consensus on the diagnosis and management of fibromuscular dysplasia
- Rapid resistance gene sequencing technology can hasten identification of antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Researchers develop artificial enzymatic pathway for synthesizing isoprenoids in E. coli
- Scientists advise caution in immunotherapy research
- How children across the world develop language
- Columbia Medical Student Receives McDonogh Scholarship
- Secretive ‘Rebate Trap’ Keeps Generic Drugs For Diabetes And Other Ills Out Of Reach
- Plant based diet could be the best option for the planet says commission
- New conservation practice could reduce nitrogen from agricultural drainage, study shows
- UIC researchers receive $1.7 million NCI grant to study Southeast Asian fruit
- New study determines the fate of DNA derived from genetically modified food
- Scientists develop new gene therapy that prevents axon destruction in mice
- Study finds critically low HPV vaccination rates among younger adolescents in the U.S.
- Brain cells involved in memory play key role in reducing future eating behavior
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Investigational cream may help patients with inflammatory skin disease
- Medical school news office receives six writing awards | News Center