The experience of pain isn’t governed solely by incoming messages nerves send to the brain relaying that, say a finger has touched the hot stove. A variety of factors related to emotions and rewards, for example, weigh in on the final product — the painful sensation. And now, a study in JAMA Neurology has shown that indeed […]Continue Reading ...
July 2, 2018 With an exceptional research design, Freiburg scientists have solved a research question that has been debated for decades Brain regions that are involved in the articulation of language are also active in the perception of language. This finding of a team from the BrainLinks-BrainTools Cluster of Excellence of the University of Freiburg […]Continue Reading ...
Six novel chromosomal regions identified by scientists leading a large, prospective study of children at risk for type 1 diabetes will enable the discovery of more genes that cause the disease and more targets for treating or even preventing it.Pictured are: Drs. Jin-Xiong She (left) and Ashok Sharma Credit: Phil Jones, Senior Photographer, Augusta University […]Continue Reading ...
April 6, 2018 Researchers from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and colleagues have discovered how two brain regions work together to maintain attention, and how discordance between the regions could lead to attention deficit disorders, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depression. People with attention deficits have difficulty focusing and often display compulsive […]Continue Reading ...
- Mass shootings may trigger unnecessary blood donations
- From heart disease to cancer: New study tracks shift of county death rates
- Preventing falls with new sensor technology
- Promising technology could improve detection, diagnosis of fatal ovarian cancer
- AAP updates concussion recommendations for children and teens
- Two genomic tests help identify most effective treatment for breast cancer patients
- Researchers evaluate efficacy of salivary biomarkers for early detection of oral cancer
- NIH awards $3.5 million to continue development of robotic system for treating brain tumors
- Researchers succeed in building protein nanotubes from tiny scaffolds
- Rectal bleeding
- Nasal delivery of weight-loss hormone eases breathing problems in sleeping mice
- $9.6 million grant to fund research on vascular risk factors for brain aging, dementia | News Center
- Gum disease linked with diabetes
- Study identifies unique functional brain networks associated with ASD behaviors in infancy
- EU and industry-funded project aims to personalize diabetes treatment
- NIH researchers shed light on causes of HBV-associated acute liver failure
- FDA Alert: Implanted Pumps: Safety Communication
- Weight loss & acute Porphyria
- Researchers identify three sub-types of depression
- The puzzle of a mutated gene lurking behind many Parkinson’s cases | News Center