Mice with epilepsy have altered patterns of neuron activity in the portion of the brain that controls the reproductive endocrine system, University of Illinois researchers report in a new study. Furthermore, the differences in neuron activity in female mice fluctuate across the reproductive cycle, the team found. The study, which tracked hormone levels and activity […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—Female reproductive and hormonal factors are associated with incidence of knee osteoarthritis (OA), according to a study published in the July issue of Arthritis & Rheumatology. Sultana Monira Hussain, M.B.B.S, M.P.H., Ph.D., from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, and colleagues examined associations between female reproductive and hormonal factors (measured between 1990 and 1994) and incidence […]Continue Reading ...
May 29, 2018 The fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster is a powerful model organism for studying animal and human development and disease. It is low cost, generates rapidly, and there are many tools to genetically modify its cells. One tool is called the Gal4/UAS two-component activation system. It is a biochemical method used to study the […]Continue Reading ...
September 19, 2017 In the case of male reproductive fertility, timing is the whole thing. Now scientists are discovering new main points on how disruption of this timing might give a contribution to male infertility or congenital sickness. Researchers at Cincinnati Youngsters’s Clinic Scientific Heart file in Genes & Construction figuring out the important thing […]Continue Reading ...
The traditional feminine mouse embryo (best) incorporates best the feminine reproductive tract, highlighted in purple. The feminine mouse embryo with out COUP-TFII (backside) has each male, in blue, and feminine reproductive tracts. Credit score: NIEHS A protein referred to as COUP-TFII determines whether or not a mouse embryo develops a male reproductive tract, in line […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2017 A brand new find out about has proven that each 1 yr building up in reproductive duration-years from menarche to menopause-was related to a three% relief in a lady’s menace of angina or stroke. Those effects, demonstrated in females 60 years of age and older, beef up a protecting position for estrogen, […]Continue Reading ...
March 29, 2017 Northwestern Drugs has advanced a miniature feminine reproductive tract that matches within the palm of your hand and may just sooner or later exchange the way forward for analysis and remedy of illnesses in ladies’s reproductive organs. This new 3D era — known as EVATAR — is made with human tissue and […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2017 A brand new find out about has proven that each and every 1 yr building up in reproductive duration-years from menarche to menopause-was related to a three% aid in a lady’s threat of angina or stroke. Those effects, demonstrated in ladies 60 years of age and older, beef up a protecting position […]Continue Reading ...
Source: American Society for Reproductive Medicine – PDFContinue Reading ...
Credit score: inventory.adobe.com Girls who prioritize their careers worth being pregnant making plans and imagine they have got a great opportunity of conceiving past due in lifestyles with the assistance of reproductive era, although fertility charges drop with age, consistent with a brand new Yale learn about. The findings recommend that career-focused girls would get […]Continue Reading ...
August 17, 2017 A protein known as COUP-TFII determines whether or not a mouse embryo develops a male reproductive tract, in keeping with researchers on the Nationwide Institutes of Well being and their colleagues at Baylor School of Drugs, Houston. The invention, which gave the impression August 18 within the magazine Science, adjustments the long-standing […]Continue Reading ...
March 2, 2017 A Michigan State College researcher has won a $1.65 million grant that appears to convey a greater figuring out about fertility therapies in women folk by means of finding out the impact of hormones on ovulation and copy in cows. “Farm animals are an invaluable type as a result of they have […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2017 When bugs skip the sunshine fandango their romantic foreplay continuously comes to some beautiful loopy such things as hypnotic dance strikes and flashy colours. In some species it ends with a posh ejaculate package deal that does greater than fertilize offspring. When it comes to butterflies, the cabbage white Pieris rapae specifically, […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2017 When bugs skip the sunshine fandango their romantic foreplay continuously comes to some beautiful loopy such things as hypnotic dance strikes and flashy colours. In some species it ends with a posh ejaculate bundle that does greater than fertilize offspring. In relation to butterflies, the cabbage white Pieris rapae particularly, scientists have […]Continue Reading ...
- Newly identified subset of immune cells may be key to fighting chronic inflammation
- New immune response regulators discovered
- Poor blood oxygenation during sleep predicts chance of heart-related death
- First international consensus on the diagnosis and management of fibromuscular dysplasia
- Rapid resistance gene sequencing technology can hasten identification of antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Researchers develop artificial enzymatic pathway for synthesizing isoprenoids in E. coli
- Scientists advise caution in immunotherapy research
- How children across the world develop language
- Columbia Medical Student Receives McDonogh Scholarship
- Secretive ‘Rebate Trap’ Keeps Generic Drugs For Diabetes And Other Ills Out Of Reach
- Plant based diet could be the best option for the planet says commission
- New conservation practice could reduce nitrogen from agricultural drainage, study shows
- UIC researchers receive $1.7 million NCI grant to study Southeast Asian fruit
- New study determines the fate of DNA derived from genetically modified food
- Scientists develop new gene therapy that prevents axon destruction in mice
- Study finds critically low HPV vaccination rates among younger adolescents in the U.S.
- Brain cells involved in memory play key role in reducing future eating behavior
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Investigational cream may help patients with inflammatory skin disease
- Medical school news office receives six writing awards | News Center