Nov 6 2018 At the 2018 Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Bruker announced the release of the Luxendo MuVi SPIM CS light-sheet fluorescence microscope for imaging optically cleared samples. The MuVi SPIM technology allows fast, long-term imaging of large samples with highest resolution and optical sectioning, as well as minimized photodamage. By means […]Continue Reading ...
Nov 1 2018 Genevac’s EZ-2 Series centrifugal evaporator is being used by a growing number of forensic science labs as a preferred sample preparation tool for applications including drug and alcohol testing as well as toxicological screening. Forensic investigations often use the sensitivity and identifying power of Mass Spectrometry (MS), typically with solid phase extraction […]Continue Reading ...
Sep 24 2018 Micronic expands their range of ‘Hybrid’ tubes by introducing two innovative tubes that provide a better alternative to traditional cryo tubes. The so called 2.00 ml and 3.00 ml tubes with external thread hybrid guarantee sample traceability, optimize working volume and increase overall sample storage efficiency. The transparent part of the tube […]Continue Reading ...
Guided by glowing bacteria, researchers have devised an imaging technique that can diagnose live tuberculosis in an hour and help monitor the efficacy of treatments. That’s particularly critical because many TB strains have evolved defenses against standard treatments. Jianghong Rao, PhD, a professor of radiology at Stanford who led the work, says that speedy TB […]Continue Reading ...
June 26, 2018 Distek, Inc., an industry leader in pharmaceutical laboratory testing instruments, accessories and validation services, is excited to release the PrepEngine Mini Sample Prep Station for assay, impurity and content uniformity applications. The PrepEngine Mini was developed through collaborations with leaders in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry to simplify and speed up the […]Continue Reading ...
June 4, 2018 Hamilton Robotics and Waters Corporation further extend their collaborative goal of streamlining biopharmaceutical sample preparation workflows with the launch of STARWorks for Waters. By integrating liquid handling expertise with in-depth sample preparation chemistry knowledge from the respective companies, these assay ready workstations maximize sensitive, robust results while minimizing variability and manual interventions. […]Continue Reading ...
April 20, 2018 Advion, Inc., a leading systems and consumables developer for the life sciences industry, announces the release of the Open Port Sampling Interface, or OPSI, designed for simple sampling of solids, liquids, and sample preparation tips and fibers. The novel ambient sampling technique was invented by Gary Van Berkel and Vilmos Kertesz of […]Continue Reading ...
April 4, 2018 To address the ever-increasing need for low volume genomics, Micronic developed the 0.30ml tube with external thread that enables miniaturization of reaction volume required in genomic applications. The tube cuts out intermediate (screening) plates and is more accessible for low volume liquid handlers. In addition, the automation friendly 0.30ml tube with a […]Continue Reading ...
Source: College of American Pathologists –Continue Reading ...
The accuracy and reproducibility of research studies are a major concern of the scientific community. Researchers at Baylor College of Medicine have examined this problem in the field of multisensory integration to understand how it affects both basic research and the development of therapies. They determined that sample size (the number of individuals examined for […]Continue Reading ...
Credit: CC0 Public Domain Diagnosing type 2 diabetes in clinical practice may require only a single blood sample, according to a study led by researchers at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The study, published June 19 in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, found evidence that a positive result for two standard diabetes […]Continue Reading ...
June 19, 2018 The study, published June 19 in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine, found evidence that a positive result for two standard diabetes markers in a single blood sample is a highly accurate predictor of diabetes and of major diabetes complications such as kidney disease and heart disease. About 25 million Americans have […]Continue Reading ...
May 17, 2018 Genevac has published a technical article that describes how its Rocket™ Evaporator has been used by the Technical University of Munich (Germany) as a sample preparation tool for extraction of active phytochemicals from the leaves of Gymnema sylvestre. Rocket Synergy evaporator and Gymnema sylvestre herb. A Genevac Rocket Evaporator was chosen to […]Continue Reading ...
April 23, 2018 An exceptional new sample storage tube range is introduced by Micronic, leader in sample storage innovation, to guarantee the complete traceability of samples. The so called ‘‘hybrid’’ tubes are provided with white side walls allowing for 4 sample identification methods. The unique combination of 4 coding concepts on one tube enables extremely […]Continue Reading ...
April 3, 2018 Private cord blood company, Smart Cells, has released their 20th sample of stem cells collected from cord blood and tissue to a patient to treat autism. This is the company’s first sample to be released and infused for the condition. This release closely coincides with World Autism Awareness Day on the 2nd […]Continue Reading ...
- Sinks by Toilets in ICU Patient Rooms Harbor Harmful Bacteria
- Cancer cells’ plasticity makes them harder to stop
- Young cannabis users have increased risk of depression and suicidal behavior
- Tasmanian Devils Likely to Survive Cancer Scourge
- Neoadjuvant PD-1 blockade seems effective in glioblastoma
- Personal, social factors play role in enabling sustainable return to work after ill health
- Mouse studies show ‘inhibition’ theory of autism wrong
- Study shows how neuroactive steroids inhibit activity of pro-inflammatory proteins
- Use of liver grafts from older donors decreased despite better outcomes in recipients
- MUSC researchers discover new mechanism for a class of anti-cancer drugs
- HPV misconceptions are causing women to miss smear tests
- Sanofi and Regeneron Offer Praluent (alirocumab) at a New Reduced U.S. List Price
- Researchers say auditory testing can identify children for autism screening
- New method analyzes how single biological cells react to stressful situations
- WVU gynecologic oncologist investigates novel treatment for cervical and vaginal cancers
- ADHD diagnoses poorly documented
- Majority of gender minority youth do not identify with traditional sexual identity labels
- AbbVie, Teneobio enter into strategic transaction to develop potential treatment for multiple myeloma
- Lower Birth Weight May Up Risk for Psychiatric Disorders
- Scientists identify reversible molecular defect underlying rheumatoid arthritis