MONDAY, Aug. 13, 2018 — It’s easy to roll your eyes at the latest news nugget about someone trying to take an “emotional support animal” onto a plane, even though it’s too big or out of control. There’s the large emotional support peacock that was denied a seat aboard a United Airlines flight in January, […]Continue Reading ...
August 14, 2018 New research illuminates how some men and boys who are contemplating suicide are finding emotional support in an unexpected place: Reddit. Sometimes referred to as the “front page of the Internet,” Reddit is a social news aggregation and discussion website that’s especially popular among young adult males. The website includes several topic-specific […]Continue Reading ...
July 12, 2018 Support from female co-workers may be even more important to new moms who are breastfeeding than getting encouragement from their significant others, close friends and relatives, says a new study. According to Michigan State University and Texas Christian University researchers, the more support women receive from their colleagues, the more successful they […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 — A better social support network may help protect black men who have sex with men (BMSM) against HIV acquisition, according to a study published in the June issue of the Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Keith A. Hermanstyne, M.D., from the University of California in San Francisco, and colleagues […]Continue Reading ...
May 23, 2018 Families of critically ill hospital patients report higher satisfaction with clinician communication and a better perception of patient-centered care when the care team uses a low-cost strategy involving intensive emotional support and frequent meetings, according to the results of a University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine randomized trial being presented today at […]Continue Reading ...
May 10, 2018 Researchers at IUPUI have developed a Facebook app that, a study shows, offers a way to provide much-needed support to unpaid caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease. The study, “Friendsourcing Peer Support for Alzheimer’s Caregivers Using Facebook Social Media,” states that there is a significant opportunity to help improve caregiver stress, burden […]Continue Reading ...
Might 26, 2017 NewMed now shares ELF emmit, a smartphone-operated PEMF treatment tool to support psychological wellbeing. NewMed, the United Kingdom’s one forestall store for PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Box) treatment is now providing consumers a nifty machine that connects for your smartphone and is helping to support your psychological wellbeing. The ELF emmit is worn […]Continue Reading ...
August 14, 2018 Supplements aid relaxation, musculoskeletal health and thyroid hormone production Cytoplan, the provider of leading science-based nutritional supplements, today announces the launch of three new supplements: L-theanine, Boswellia serrata and Thyroid Support. The latest additions are part of Cytoplan’s targeted support range for practitioners. Currently Cytoplan supplies supplements to over 6,000 health professionals […]Continue Reading ...
July 4, 2018 Customers to benefit from Sysmex’s extensive operational footprint Oxford Gene Technology (OGT), The Molecular Genetics Company, has announced that it is now directly selling Cytocell Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) products through several established affiliates of Sysmex Corporation in Europe following its acquisition last year. The move is a testament to the […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 — Pediatricians should advocate for life support training for children, parents, caregivers, school personnel, and the public, according to a technical report and policy statement published online May 23 in Pediatrics. Susan M. Fuchs, M.D., from Northwestern University in Evanston, Ill., and colleagues from the American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on […]Continue Reading ...
May 11, 2018 Asynt announces its newest member of the ReactoMate reactor family, the “QUANTUM” support stand is the perfect addition to any process chemistry laboratory. Designed to be an affordable entry-level system – QUANTUM is easy to set up and provides secure and stable support for all reaction vessels from 100ml right up to […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, April 18, 2018 — Family and friends’ autonomy support may lead to better glycemic control by reducing distress among patients with diabetes, according to a study published online March 29 in Diabetes Care. Aaron A. Lee, Ph.D., from the VA Center for Clinical Management Research in Ann Arbor, Mich., and colleagues surveyed 308 veterans […]Continue Reading ...
April 27, 2017 Innovative internet-connected sensible listening to support hailed for its grasp design Oticon, business leaders in complex audiology and listening to support generation, has gained a prestigious Purple Dot design award for Oticon Opn – the arena’s first cyber web related listening to support. The award is a mirrored image of the design […]Continue Reading ...
- Brown University researchers reveal key physical properties of ‘giant’ cancer cells
- Regular resistance training improves exercise motivation
- Feds urge states to encourage cheaper plans off the exchanges
- Seven activities that prevent you from getting quality sleep during summer
- Five ways to tell if your baby is getting enough milk from breastfeeding
- From Pigs to Peacocks, What’s Up With Those ‘Emotional-Support Animals’?
- Breast cancers enlist the help of normal cells to help them spread and survive
- Engaging with “high-need” patients outside the clinic
- Research illuminates how online forum may offer suicide prevention support for males
- Researchers identify way to grow immune cells at large scale for preventing cancer reoccurrence
- Keck Medicine of USC’s hospitals ranked among nation’s best for the 10th consecutive year
- Researchers compare existing approaches for automating diagnostic procedures of skin lesions
- Autism risk determined by health of mom’s gut, research reveals
- WELL for Life challenges you to explore the great outdoors
- ‘Zombie’ gene protects elephants from cancer, study finds
- Ebola outbreak in Congo spreads to active combat zone
- Study highlights pollution exposure of babies in prams
- Study provides insight into link between sleep apnea and lipid metabolism
- New study focuses on promise of gene therapy for Amish nemaline myopathy
- Researchers discover new approach to alleviate chronic itch