The federal government’s annual projections of health spending for the next decade suggest that it will go up faster than in recent years. One of the main reasons is the aging of the huge baby boom generation. And drug prices are expected to continue to rise rapidly, although drugs are still a relatively small portion […]Continue Reading ...
[khn_slabs slabs=”828733″] Happy Friday! It seems we have a new example of just how broken the health system is every week, and here’s today’s: A school superintendent was arrested after allegedly using her insurance to cover a sick student. She took him to the clinic after noticing he had signs of strep throat, and then […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday unveiled his first state budget, one that leads California down a very different health care path than the one Washington has forged. The progressive blueprint embraces a state health insurance mandate, beefed-up insurance subsidies, coverage for undocumented immigrants and six months of paid parental leave — not unexpected […]Continue Reading ...
If Friday night’s district court ruling that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional were to be upheld, far more than the law’s most high-profile provisions would be at stake. In fact, canceling the law in full — as Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas, ordered in his 55-page decision — could thrust the entire […]Continue Reading ...
[protected-iframe id=”de0eca492e7b7cb1dc5c199c0a63cd17-7618883-121704370″ info=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/560495631&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”] [khn_slabs slabs=”821957″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821984″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821954″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821951″] Many drugmakers have announced price increases with the start of the new year. The new Congress wants to do something about that. And even though both Republicans and Democrats want to address the politically potent issue of drug prices, it is […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Within hours of assuming office Monday, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a defiant challenge to the Trump administration with sweeping plans to expand health coverage to more Californians, pushing for a single-payer system and insurance for undocumented young adult immigrants. He also called for new state-funded subsidies to help people afford health insurance, […]Continue Reading ...
Reaction is still coming in about last week’s federal court ruling that declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. And nearly final numbers for insurance sign-ups at healthcare.gov were surprisingly brisk despite the elimination of the health law’s tax penalty for not having insurance and a dramatically shrunken budget for outreach and enrollment assistance. The panelists […]Continue Reading ...
- Toilet seat heart monitoring system
- Researchers identify way to improve common treatment for PTSD
- High potency cannabis use linked to psychosis finds study
- Evoke Pharma Submits Response to FDA Review Letter for Gimoti NDA
- Tracking HIV’s ever-evolving genome in effort to prioritize public health resources
- Scientists grow most sophisticated brain organoid to date
- ADHD drug raising risk of psychosis
- FDA approves brexanolone, first drug developed to treat postpartum depression
- Gruesome cat and dog experiments by the USDA exposed
- Ball pits used in children’s physical therapy may contribute to germ transmission
- Long-term use of inexpensive weight-loss drug may be safe and effective
- FDA Approves Sunosi (solriamfetol) for Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Associated with Narcolepsy or Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Anti-Müllerian Hormone Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Finding the right exercise, diet aids for HIV patients
- Health Plans For State Employees Use Medicare’s Hammer On Hospital Bills
- Researchers develop new tool for imaging large groups of neurons in living animals
- Certain bacteria and immune factors in vagina may cause or protect against preterm birth
- Novel breath test could pave new way to non-invasively measure gut health
- Pharmaceutical and personal care products may result in new contaminants in waterways
- ACC: Catheter Ablation Does Not Cut Mortality, Stroke in A-Fib