Thousands of people are increasing their risk of chronic ankle problems by underestimating the impact of sprains, according to foot scientists. Podiatrists at the University of Salford say sprains, picked up in sports like football, often need more attention than people think and if left uncorrected could predispose individuals to develop repeated ankle problems. Following […]Continue Reading ...
Although fairly common, management of an isolated lateral malleolus ankle fracture remains challenging for orthopaedic surgeons. A central question remains on determining whether surgery or a non-surgical approach is indicated for a particular patient. A lot rides on whether the ankle is stable or not. However, no clinical examination or imaging strategy stands out as […]Continue Reading ...
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Experts Offer More Clarity on Managing Common Ankle Fractures Although fairly common, management of an isolated lateral malleolus ankle fracture remains challenging for orthopedic surgeons. A central question remains on determining whether surgery or a non-surgical approach is indicated for a particular patient. A lot rides on whether […]Continue Reading ...
Surgical reconstruction is a life changer for people with end-stage ankle arthritis, a painful condition that limits patients’ abilities to go up and down stairs, get out of a car and even walk. Now researchers from The Rothman Orthopedic Institute at Jefferson Health demonstrate that surgical reconstruction boosts patients’ range of motion by more than […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 25, 2017 A rising collection of sufferers that suffer serious ankle arthritis are present process ankle substitute surgical procedure, enabling them to stroll back with out ache. Serving to force the fad are new implants and surgical tactics which might be bettering results. Loyola Drugs ankle substitute affected person Nancy MacFarland is a […]Continue Reading ...
Amputees who use powered prosthetic ankles may be able to avoid the energetic costs typically associated with prosthetics by cranking up the power provided by their devices. A UCF engineering professor recently published a study in Scientific Reports that shows that people with transtibial amputations – the loss of a limb below the knee – […]Continue Reading ...
State-level variation in the ED opioid prescribing rate for ankle sprains 2014 to 2015 among patients who were opioid naive. Credit: Penn Medicine Opioid prescribing for minor injuries—for which such powerful pain medications may not even be necessary—remains high and varies widely by state, despite an overall downward trend in prescribing, according to new research […]Continue Reading ...
Might 25, 2017 A rising choice of sufferers that suffer serious ankle arthritis are present process ankle alternative surgical procedure, enabling them to stroll back with out ache. Serving to pressure the fashion are new implants and surgical tactics which might be making improvements to results. Loyola Drugs ankle alternative affected person Nancy MacFarland is […]Continue Reading ...
- Neuroscientists propose new theory about amyloid precursor protein connection in Alzheimer’s
- Mediterranean diet protects against overeating and obesity
- NUS scientists uncover novel biomarkers linked with ‘chemobrain’
- Novel ECCITE-seq technique expands multimodal single cell analysis
- Half of all American workplaces offer health and wellness programs
- Perinatal Complications Tied to Childhood Social Anxiety
- Research reveals how immune cells help tumors escape body’s defenses
- UAB receives $17 million grant to explore immune cells in inaccessible tissues of the human body
- Opening blocked arteries may be lifesaver for older heart attack patients
- Yposkesi chairman to speak on ‘Manufacturing and the CDMO Perspective’ at Cell and Gene Meeting
- Listeria Outbreak Linked to Deli Meats, Cheeses in 4 States
- Scientists find another way HIV can hide from vaccines
- EU ban on ‘meaty’ names for veggie food products would affect public sector
- KNAUER self-tests gender pay gap one month after Equal Pay Day
- Johns Hopkins study reports overdiagnosis of schizophrenia
- New approach to repair defects in fetal membranes could prevent life-long medical conditions
- Reviving the heart’s regenerative capacities using microRNAs
- New pediatric blood pressure guidelines can better predict kids at higher risk of heart disease
- Second HIV remission patient rekindles cure hope
- Sparse Treatment Options Complicate Cancer Care For Immigrants In South Texas