Thousands of people are increasing their risk of chronic ankle problems by underestimating the impact of sprains, according to foot scientists. Podiatrists at the University of Salford say sprains, picked up in sports like football, often need more attention than people think and if left uncorrected could predispose individuals to develop repeated ankle problems. Following […]Continue Reading ...
Although fairly common, management of an isolated lateral malleolus ankle fracture remains challenging for orthopaedic surgeons. A central question remains on determining whether surgery or a non-surgical approach is indicated for a particular patient. A lot rides on whether the ankle is stable or not. However, no clinical examination or imaging strategy stands out as […]Continue Reading ...
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine Experts Offer More Clarity on Managing Common Ankle Fractures Although fairly common, management of an isolated lateral malleolus ankle fracture remains challenging for orthopedic surgeons. A central question remains on determining whether surgery or a non-surgical approach is indicated for a particular patient. A lot rides on whether […]Continue Reading ...
Surgical reconstruction is a life changer for people with end-stage ankle arthritis, a painful condition that limits patients’ abilities to go up and down stairs, get out of a car and even walk. Now researchers from The Rothman Orthopedic Institute at Jefferson Health demonstrate that surgical reconstruction boosts patients’ range of motion by more than […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 25, 2017 A rising collection of sufferers that suffer serious ankle arthritis are present process ankle substitute surgical procedure, enabling them to stroll back with out ache. Serving to force the fad are new implants and surgical tactics which might be bettering results. Loyola Drugs ankle substitute affected person Nancy MacFarland is a […]Continue Reading ...
Amputees who use powered prosthetic ankles may be able to avoid the energetic costs typically associated with prosthetics by cranking up the power provided by their devices. A UCF engineering professor recently published a study in Scientific Reports that shows that people with transtibial amputations – the loss of a limb below the knee – […]Continue Reading ...
State-level variation in the ED opioid prescribing rate for ankle sprains 2014 to 2015 among patients who were opioid naive. Credit: Penn Medicine Opioid prescribing for minor injuries—for which such powerful pain medications may not even be necessary—remains high and varies widely by state, despite an overall downward trend in prescribing, according to new research […]Continue Reading ...
Might 25, 2017 A rising choice of sufferers that suffer serious ankle arthritis are present process ankle alternative surgical procedure, enabling them to stroll back with out ache. Serving to pressure the fashion are new implants and surgical tactics which might be making improvements to results. Loyola Drugs ankle alternative affected person Nancy MacFarland is […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA Adds Boxed Warning for Increased Risk of Death with Gout Medicine Uloric (febuxostat)
- Phone-based intervention aids rheumatoid arthritis care
- Opioid epidemic makes eastern inroads and targets African-Americans
- New identified biomarker predicts patients who might benefit from HER2-targeted agents
- Study offers new insights into mechanisms of changes in erythrocytes under stress
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy may be beneficial for schizophrenia patients
- Patients with diabetes mellitus have high risk of stable ischemic heart disease
- Transparency on healthcare prices played key role in Arizona health system’s turnaround
- A comprehensive, multinational review of peppers around the world
- Study finds modest decrease in burnout among physicians
- A simple change can drastically reduce unnecessary tests for urinary tract infections
- Deep Learning-Enhanced Device Detects Diabetic Retinopathy
- Researchers discover new binding partner for amyloid precursor protein
- Modest decrease seen in burnout among physicians, researchers say | News Center
- Transplanting bone marrow of young mice into old mice prevents cognitive decline
- Mogrify to accelerate novel IP and cell therapies using $3.7m USD funding
- Johns Hopkins study describes cells that may help speed bone repair
- Scientists demonstrate influence of food odors on proteostasis
- Researchers unlock the secret behind reproduction of fish called ‘Mary’
- Acupuncture Could Help Ease Menopausal Symptoms