TUESDAY, March 12, 2019 — The risk of stillbirth is increased in women with intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy when serum bile acids concentrations are ≥100 µmol/L or more, according to a review published in the March 2 issue of The Lancet. Caroline Ovadia, from King’s College London, and colleagues conducted a systematic literature review to […]Continue Reading ...
India Reddy, MD, PhD, left, Nick Smith, Charles (Robb) Flynn, PhD, and colleagues are studying the role of bile acids in reducing the desire for cocaine. Credit: Anne Rayner Bile acids—gut compounds that aid in the digestion of dietary fats—reduce the desire for cocaine, according to a new study by researchers at Vanderbilt University Medical […]Continue Reading ...
August 9, 2018 Nanoparticles show great promise as diagnostic tools and drug delivery agents. The tiny particles, which scientists can modify with drugs, dyes or targeting molecules, can travel in the circulation and squeeze through small spaces into cells and tissues. But until now, most nanoparticles had to be injected into the bloodstream because they […]Continue Reading ...
By Sally Robertson, BScJuly 18, 2018 A new study has provided a greater understanding of how exactly the microbiome affects metabolism and pointed towards a potential therapeutic target for obesity and metabolic diseases such as diabetes. Image Credit: Kateryna Kon / Shutterstock Scientists from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital have shown that […]Continue Reading ...
March 12, 2018 A key cell process that could cause damage to bile ducts and help explain some liver diseases has been identified by scientists. Experiments showed that triggering the process harms vital cells in bile ducts, while blocking the process reverses liver damage in mice. The findings could help develop new treatments for bile […]Continue Reading ...
Choledocholithiasis is when a gallstone turns into caught in some of the ducts of the bile machine. Be informed in regards to the reasons, possibility components, and coverings.Continue Reading ...
June 30, 2017 A multi-disciplinary group of researchers from the Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore (MBI) on the Nationwide College of Singapore (NUS), the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) of A*STAR, and BioSyM, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Analysis and Era have described the mechanical rules followed by way of liver cells as they take away extra bile […]Continue Reading ...
June 30, 2017 A multi-disciplinary staff of researchers from the Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore (MBI) on the Nationwide College of Singapore (NUS), the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) of A*STAR, and BioSyM, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Analysis and Era have described the mechanical rules followed by way of liver cells as they take away extra bile […]Continue Reading ...
Bile acids — gut compounds that aid in the digestion of dietary fats — reduce the desire for cocaine, according to a new study by researchers at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the University of Alabama at Birmingham. The findings, published in the journal PLOS Biology, suggest that targeting bile acid signaling in the brain […]Continue Reading ...
July 27, 2018 Researchers reveal that bile acids from the gut reduce cocaine’s effects in the brain, which may offer drug addiction treatment. Bile acids that aid fat digestion are also found to reduce the rewarding properties of cocaine use, according to a study publishing on July 26 in the open-access journal PLOS Biology by […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2018 Scientists have found that deleting a single gene in a particular strain of gut bacteria causes changes in metabolism and reduced weight gain in mice, according to a study in the journal eLife. The research provides an important step towards understanding how the microbiome – the bacteria that live in our body […]Continue Reading ...
Choledocholithiasis is when a gallstone turns into caught in one of the vital ducts of the bile gadget. Be told in regards to the reasons, possibility elements, and coverings.Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 Cambridge scientists have advanced a brand new means for rising and transplanting man made bile ducts that might in long run be used to assist deal with liver illness in youngsters, decreasing the will for liver transplantation. In analysis revealed within the magazine Nature Drugs, the researchers grew 3-D mobile construction which, […]Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 Cambridge scientists have advanced a brand new way for rising and transplanting synthetic bile ducts that would in long run be used to assist deal with liver illness in kids, lowering the will for liver transplantation. In analysis printed within the magazine Nature Drugs, the researchers grew 3-d mobile construction which, as […]Continue Reading ...
Publicity to bile within the higher small gut (jejumum) facilitates adjustments in Shigella gene expression and biofilm formation. Reabsorption of bile within the decrease small gut (ileum) disperses the biofilm, triggering the discharge of hyper-virulent micro organism into the colon Credit score: Christina S. Faherty, PhD, Mucosal Immunology and Biology Analysis Heart, Massachusetts Normal Clinic […]Continue Reading ...
- New nanotechnology approach shows promise in treating triple negative breast cancer
- Trevena Announces Publication of APOLLO-1 Results in The Journal of Pain Research Highlighting Oliceridine’s Potential for Management of Moderate-to-Severe Acute Pain
- Maternal deaths following C-section 50 times higher in Africa compared to high-income countries
- Apple watch could detect irregular heart beat says study
- Queen Mary University of London’s BCI boosts radionuclide imaging capabilities with MILabs VECTor technology
- Girls should be encouraged to gain more ball skills, shows study
- Acute doses of synthetic cannabinoid can impair critical thinking and memory
- Presence of bacteria in urine does not always point to infection, shows study
- Scientists identify a new role for nerve-supporting cells
- Hidden differences between pathology of CTE and Alzheimer’s disease discovered
- Knowing causative genes of osteoporosis may open door to more effective treatments
- Toilet-seat based cardiovascular monitoring system getting ready to begin commercialization
- New model for intensive care identifies factors that send ill patients to ICU
- Recommendations Issued for HSCT in Multiple Myeloma
- Deep brain stimulation provides sustained relief for severe depression
- “Statistical significance” may soon be a thing of past?
- Researchers track effects of epigenetic marks carried by sperm chromosomes
- AHA News: Family Adopts Three Children With Three Different Heart Conditions
- Research into opioid painkillers could provide clues for safer drug development
- Lung cancer survivor recounts her lifetime struggles