“The best diet, to make it very simple, is to shop the outside aisles in supermarkets,” said Dr. Joel Lavine, chief of gastroenterology at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital.Continue Reading ...
Democrats on Thursday officially launched their pushback against a December federal court decision that declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. A group of 17 Democratic state attorneys general formally appealed the Dec. 14 decision in Texas v. U.S. issued by U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor. In the case filed by 18 Republican state attorneys general and […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 22, 2018 — Adhering to a “secure, preserve, fight” strategy is recommended for health care professionals working with a vulnerable patient population, according to a Medicine and Society piece published in the Aug. 9 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine. Noting that health care facilities are high-risk targets and must be […]Continue Reading ...
ADRA2C, a negative regulator of the fight-or-flight response, is less active in humans and chimpanzees owing to genetic changes that facilitate binding of a repressor, NRSF. Credit: Kang Seon Lee Humans and chimpanzees recently evolved a more active fight-or-flight response compared to other primates, possibly in response to the threat of warfare. Jung Kyoon Choi […]Continue Reading ...
Incyte Corporation announces updated data from its ongoing Phase 2 FIGHT-202 trial evaluating pemigatinib (INCB54828), its selective fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) inhibitor, in patients with advanced/metastatic or surgically unresectable cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) who failed at least one previous treatment. In patients with FGFR2 translocations who were followed for at least eight months, interim […]Continue Reading ...
August 15, 2018 Married people who fight nastily are more likely to suffer from leaky guts – a problem that unleashes bacteria into the blood and can drive up disease-causing inflammation, new research suggests. It’s the first study to illuminate this particular pathway between bad marriages and poor health, said lead author Janice Kiecolt-Glaser, director […]Continue Reading ...
Deployed Drugs would possibly turn into without equal fight medication app for navy and non-military suppliers. House run! The app accommodates probably the most present model of the Tactical Battle Casualty Care (TC3) pointers, which serve as because the “bible” of navy fight medication for suppliers deployed downrange. The ideas were credited with saving loads, […]Continue Reading ...
- Scientists untangle how microbes manufacture key antibiotic compound
- Greater primary care physician supply associated with longer life spans
- HIV-1 protein suppresses immune response more broadly than thought
- For 2020 Dem Hopefuls, ‘Medicare-For-All’ Is A Defining Issue, However They Define It
- KU professor discusses promise of brain-computer interface to aid, restore communication
- Early marker of cardiac damage triggered by cancer treatment identified
- Antidepressant drug could save people from deadly sepsis, research suggests
- CRISPR technology creates pluripotent stem cells that are ‘invisible’ to the immune system
- Midlife Systemic Inflammation Linked to Later Cognitive Decline
- Therapy derived from parasitic worms downregulates proinflammatory pathways
- Antimicrobial reusable coffee cups are less likely to become contaminated with bacteria, study shows
- Harnessing the evolutionary games played by cancer cells to advance therapies
- AHA News: Heart Transplant Survivor Gets Wedding Proposal at Finish Line
- HIV hidden in patients’ cells can now be accurately measured
- Research finds reasons for sudden cardiac death in patients with stable ischemic disease
- New protocol could help physicians to rule out bacterial infections in infants
- Women experiencing miscarriage should be offered treatment choices
- New protocol can help identify febrile infants at low risk for serious bacterial infections
- Innovative way to block HIV runs into a roadblock
- Springer Nature with BCRF conduct pilot project to make their research datasets more accessible