In the January 7th edition of Communications Biology, researchers at InsideOutBio argue that an unusual form of DNA with a reverse twist may have helped thwart the invasion of the human genome by junk DNA. This mechanism has subsequently evolved in one defending against modern day pathogens. During its evolution, the human genome was under […]Continue Reading ...
Nov 27 2018 On the November 23rd, London Mayor Sadiq Khan announced that as of February, all advertisements for food high in fat, sugar and salt will be banned from the London’s tube and bus network. The measure is part of the mayor’s plan to decrease child obesity rates. The Consumer Choice Center’s London-based Managing […]Continue Reading ...
Greater than 29 million other folks in the USA have diabetes, consistent with the Facilities for Illness Keep an eye on and Prevention (CDC). This can be a situation the place the frame is not able to make sufficient insulin, or to make use of it correctly. Insulin is essential each to keep an eye […]Continue Reading ...
June 1, 2018 Nighttime snacking and junk food cravings may contribute to unhealthy eating behaviors and represent a potential link between poor sleep and obesity, according to a study by University of Arizona Health Sciences sleep researchers. The study was conducted via a nationwide, phone-based survey of 3,105 adults from 23 U.S. metropolitan areas. Participants […]Continue Reading ...
- Piece of puzzle unlocked in what drives alcohol addiction
- Researchers investigate whether Zika reservoirs are found in the Americas
- Compounds found in coffee may inhibit growth of prostate cancer
- Lab Innovations returns to the NEC on 30 & 31 October 2019
- How genes affect tobacco and alcohol use
- Plant cellulose bone implants are “viable” option to support new bone growth, study finds
- Older people living in retirement communities benefit from improved health
- UTSA professor helps train first responders to detect prescription opioid overdoses
- Biohaven’s Verdiperstat Receives Orphan Drug Designation From FDA For Multiple System Atrophy
- Smoking may limit body’s ability to fight dangerous form of skin cancer
- Researchers receive $9.7-million grant to develop new hearing-loss treatments for deaf
- TGen and ABL sign agreement to distribute new TB test technology
- UCD researchers lead development of new urine test to detect prostate cancer
- Miniature brains that can move muscles, grown in the lab
- Servier and Oncodesign announce research and drug development partnership
- FDA warns marketer of unapproved products claiming to treat addiction, chronic pain
- TB Medicine Pretomanid Enters Regulatory Review Process in the United States
- Breastfeeding can erase effects of prenatal violence for newborns
- Tens of Thousands of Heart Patients May Not Need Open-Heart Surgery
- Space worries – shingles affecting astronauts says NASA