New research from Dr. Heyu Ni, Platform Director for Hematology, Cancer and Immunological Diseases at the Keenan Research Centre for Biomedical Science (KRCBS) of St. Michael’s Hospital and his team demonstrates that ApoA-IV is an inhibitory factor for platelets, uncovering why foods high in unsaturated fats may protect against cardiovascular disease. Credit: St. Michael’s Hospital […]Continue Reading ...
In the current issue of Cardiovascular Innovations and Applications (Volume3, Number 2, 2018, pp. 149-162(14); DOI: https://doi.org/10.15212/CVIA.2017.0049 Punag Divanji and Kendrick Shunk from the University of California San Francisco and The San Francisco Veteran Affairs Hospital, San Francisco, CA, USA consider when clopidogrel is the right choice in modern antiplatelet therapy. Platelet inhibition with aspirin […]Continue Reading ...
August 15, 2018 Blood platelets are like the sand bags of the body. Got a cut? Platelets pile in to clog the hole and stop the bleeding. But genetic mutations, infections and even radiation from cancer treatments can slash platelet numbers, leading to a condition called thrombocytopenia and putting people at risk for internal bleeding. […]Continue Reading ...
FDA Approves Doptelet (avatrombopag) for Chronic Liver Disease Patients with Thrombocytopenia who are Undergoing a Medical Procedure May 21, 2018 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Doptelet (avatrombopag) tablets to treat low blood platelet count (thrombocytopenia) in adults with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a medical or dental procedure. […]Continue Reading ...
Action Points Note that this study was published as an abstract and presented at a conference. These data and conclusions should be considered to be preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed journal. Note that this secondary analysis of a randomized trial found that switching HIV-positive, virally-suppressed patients from an abacavir-containing to a non-abacavir containing regimen […]Continue Reading ...
Prime platelet reactivity on aspirin (ASA) is not tied to worse results, whilst clopidogrel (Plavix) resistance contributes to ischemic occasions greater than 1 yr after percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), prolonged result of the ADAPT-DES learn about confirmed. The five.6% of sufferers who stayed on aspirin monotherapy and had aspirin hypo-responsiveness (aspirin response unit >550) have […]Continue Reading ...
Might 19, 2017 The emergency name issued through the American Crimson Go previous this 12 months was once of a kind all too commonplace: Donations of platelets have been wanted, and desperately. However a brand new discovery from the College of Virginia College of Medication is also the important thing to preventing shortages of those […]Continue Reading ...
Foods high in unsaturated fats may protect against cardiovascular disease, and new research published today in Nature Communications has uncovered why. Apolipoprotein A-IV, known as ApoA-IV, is a plasma protein. Levels of ApoA-IV increase after the digestion of foods, particularly foods high in unsaturated fats, such as olive oil. Higher levels of ApoA-IV in the […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—All women have a decrease in mean platelet counts during pregnancy, according to a study published in the July 5 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine. Jessica A. Reese, Ph.D., from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, and colleagues examined platelet counts throughout pregnancy in 7,351 women who delivered […]Continue Reading ...
May 22, 2018 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Doptelet (avatrombopag) tablets to treat low blood platelet count (thrombocytopenia) in adults with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a medical or dental procedure. This is the first drug approved by the FDA for this use. “Patients with chronic liver disease who […]Continue Reading ...
August four, 2017 Platelets, the cells in blood that permit clotting, are extremely reliant on their talent to metabolize glucose, in step with a brand new learn by way of researchers on the College of Iowa. The findings, revealed in Mobile Studies and in a similar paper revealed in Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology (ATVB), […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—For antiphospholipid antibody (aPL) carriers, low platelet rely is related to greater possibility of growing thrombosis, in line with a find out about revealed on-line June 29 within the Magazine of Thrombosis and Haemostasis. Ryo Hisada, from Hokkaido College in Sapporo, Japan, and associates tested the have an effect on of platelet rely in the […]Continue Reading ...
- Appendix removal is linked to lower risk of Parkinson’s
- Lifting weights for less than an hour a week may reduce cardiovascular disease risk
- Pulmonary rehabilitation rarely received by hospitalized COPD patients despite health benefits
- New anti-HER2 drug shows promising anti-tumor activity in gullet, stomach and bowel cancers
- Brigham investigators examine opioid use among Massachusetts adolescents, prescription trends
- Study defines biomarker in response to treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Study identifies potential therapeutic strategy for patients with clear cell renal cancer
- Bausch Health Announces U.S. Launch of Bryhali (halobetasol propionate) Lotion, 0.01%, for Plaque Psoriasis In Adults
- Alpha Fetoprotein (AFP) Tumor Marker Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Researchers evaluate controversial treatment for Parkinson’s disease psychosis
- AI could help veterinarians code their notes
- Pre-schoolers with autism thrive in mainstream classroom settings
- Individual and work-related factors may help promote hospital physician engagement, finds study
- Complementary and alternative medicine is widely used by general population in England
- Study reveals link between tobacco availability and smoking during pregnancy
- Purdue researchers develop translucent base for silicon patches to deliver exact doses of biomolecules
- New technology based on moths and magnets could help treat genetic diseases
- Concussion-Related Biomarkers Vary Based on Sex, Race
- One more year of high school may shape waistlines later in life
- Dissecting high drug costs – Scope