Credit: CC0 Public Domain A comprehensive review of the scientific evidence over the last 27 years concludes that cow’s milk and other dairy products do not play a role in the development of childhood obesity. The research being presented at this year’s European Congress on Obesity (ECO) in Vienna, Austria (23-26 May) also found no […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, June 20, 2018 — A salmonella outbreak linked to melons and fruit salad mixes continues to expand, say officials at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. So far, 70 people have been sickened across seven states after eating fruit salad mixes that included pre-cut watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, and cut fruit medley […]Continue Reading ...
By Sally Robertson, BScJune 14, 2018 The flavorings found in in electronic cigarettes and related tobacco products could cause changes in the lung, heart and blood vessels that lead to cardiovascular disease, according to a study published in an American Heart Association journal. © Aleksey Kurguzov/Shutterstock.com As reported in the journal Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2018 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today filed a complaint against Innovative BioDefense, Inc. of Lake Forest, California, and Colette Cozean, the company’s president and chief executive officer, to prohibit them from selling Zylast topical antiseptics with claims that they are effective against infection by pathogens such as norovirus, rotavirus, flu virus, […]Continue Reading ...
Home › News › FDA Alerts › X-Jow and Acne Shave Products by Shadow Holdings: Voluntary Recall – Due to Possible Bacterial Contamination May 29, 2018 [Posted 05/29/2018] AUDIENCE: Consumer ISSUE: The products may be contaminated with bacteria. Topical administration of the products could result in potentially serious bacterial infections in immunocompromised individuals. Herb-X Solutions […]Continue Reading ...
May 21, 2018 Audience: Consumer, Health Professional, Pharmacy ISSUE: MBI Distributing, Inc. is voluntarily recalling all lots of homeopathic Teething Drops, Nausea Drops, Intestinal Colic Drops, Stomach Calm, Expectorant Cough Syrup, Silver-Zinc Throat Spray, and Argentum Elixir, within expiry, to the consumer level. The drug products have been found to be manufactured with a lack […]Continue Reading ...
April 28, 2018 Kourtney Kardashian on Wednesday appeared before Congress to voice her support of the Personal Care Products Safety Act, a bill introduced by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) that would require cosmetic companies to ensure that their products are safe before marketing them to consumers. Dr. Steve Xu, a resident […]Continue Reading ...
April 26, 2018 A new report published today in the journal Environmental Research shows that Black women are potentially exposed to dozens of hazardous chemicals through the hair products they use. The study, by scientists at Silent Spring Institute, is the first to measure concentrations of endocrine-disrupting chemicals–substances that interfere with the body’s hormones–in a […]Continue Reading ...
June 22, 2018 [Posted 06/22/2018] AUDIENCE: Consumer, Health Professional ISSUE: The products have been found by the FDA via sample testing and finding to have salmonella contamination. In lieu of such FDA findings the company has implemented standard operating procedures and sterilization processes in accordance to FDA guidelines. The affected products (listed below) can be […]Continue Reading ...
June 6, 2018 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued warning letters to the parties responsible for liquidcaffeine.com and Dual Health Body and Mind for illegally selling certain highly concentrated caffeine products. The FDA considers these products to be a threat to public health. “Despite being informed of the dangers of highly concentrated and […]Continue Reading ...
mosquitoes, ticks or both; protection time; active ingredient; or other product-specific information. Consider these factors when choosing a repellent: Do you need protection from mosquitoes, ticks or both? How long will you be exposed to them? Be sure to use a product with a protection time that fits your activity. Learn about using repellent products to protect […]Continue Reading ...
May 23, 2018 Audience: Pediatrics, Dentistry, Consumer, Health Professional, Pharmacy ISSUE: The FDA is warning that over-the-counter (OTC) oral drug products containing benzocaine should not be used to treat infants and children younger than 2 years. We are also warning that benzocaine oral drug products should only be used in adults and children 2 years […]Continue Reading ...
May 18, 2018 [Posted 05/18/2018] AUDIENCE: Consumer ISSUE: FDA analysis found the samples of these products to contain undeclared Sildenafil and/or Tadalafil. Sildenafil and Tadalafil are active ingredients in two FDA-approved prescription drugs used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). Use of products with the undeclared active ingredients, sildenafil and tadalafil, may pose a […]Continue Reading ...
April 30, 2018 Tell us about the company and why you are attending Health GB 2018. We’re a medical device manufacturer who sells catheters and IV tubing. Our range of products is specifically designed to improve vascular access and infusion therapies, whilst always promoting infection control. We design, manufacture and distribute all of our own […]Continue Reading ...
April 19, 2018 [Posted 04/19/2018] AUDIENCE: Consumer ISSUE: NGB Corp. of West Jordan, Utah is voluntarily recalling NxtGen Botanicals Maeng Da Kratom labeled bottles of encapsulated product because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and […]Continue Reading ...
- Outrageous or overblown? HHS announces another round of ACA navigator funding cuts
- Weight loss surgery may impact individual’s risk of developing cancer, shows study
- Alexion Submits Application for Priority Review and Approval of ALXN1210 as a Treatment for Patients with Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH) in the U.S.
- Restoring epigenetic balance reinstates memory in flies with Alzheimer’s disease symptoms
- Magnetized wire could be used to detect cancer in people | News Center
- Non-surgical management found to be feasible option for penetrating kidney trauma
- California clinic screens asylum seekers for honesty
- FDA Approves Xtandi (enzalutamide) for the Treatment of Men with Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (CRPC)
- Can nanotechnology help treat Alzheimer’s?
- Researchers identify protein essential for making stem cells | News Center
- Radiologist discusses causes, treatments of varicose veins
- Researchers develop nanostructured surface to accelerate wound healing after dental implants
- New non-invasive procedure to reposition kidney stones could benefit astronauts
- Attending Surgeon Influences Genetic Testing in Breast Cancer
- Medical doctors with addictions fear professional repercussions if they seek treatment
- 5 Questions: John Ioannidis calls for more rigorous nutrition research | News Center
- Researchers find definite increase in scooter-related injuries
- Researchers solve mystery of final blood group system
- Researchers develop near-infrared fluorophores-based PDT to cure cancer with less side effects
- Traumatic brain injury biomarker could help predict patient prognosis