July 31, 2018 Retinitis pigmentosa is a rare and hereditary neurodegenerative disease which causes vision loss due to the death of photoreceptors in the retina, and for which there is currently no treatment. The research group at the Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera on Therapeutic Strategies for Ocular Pathologies, headed by professor María Miranda Sanz, had […]Continue Reading ...
Progesterone is also used as a medication for pregnant women at risk of delivering too early, such as those who have given birth prematurely before. Still, giving extra progesterone to such women does not always prevent an early delivery. No one knows why. The new study used data from the 1,000 Genomes Project, a publicly […]Continue Reading ...
Giving progesterone to stop miscarriage may just affect child’s sexual orientation in later existence. Bisexuality is moderately not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by way of June Reinisch, Director Emerita […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 A three-year, $750,000 grant from the National Institutes of Mental Health will help researchers determine whether the stabilization of ovarian hormones estradiol and progesterone can help lower symptoms associated with suicidality among females at risk for suicide. While estradiol and progesterone rise and fall over the course of the menstrual cycle, the […]Continue Reading ...
April three, 2017 at eight:25 PM Bisexuality is slightly not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by means of June Reinisch, Director Emerita of The Kinsey Institute in the USA, revealed […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers describe promising strategy to remove melanoma’s most powerful defenses
- Women with polycystic ovary syndrome dissatisfied with medical care
- Research discoveries reveal insights behind neurological degeneration
- Researchers win multi-million Euro award to conduct research into liver disease
- Survey highlights variations in practice of airway management in pediatric intensive care units
- UK students win sponsorship from Promega Corporation
- Janssen Reports Positive Topline Results for ATLAS Phase III Study of a Novel, Long Acting Injectable Two-Drug Regimen for the treatment of HIV-1
- PSD as a molecular platform for understanding synapse formation and plasticity
- Improved visual communication could help patients to make informed health-care decisions
- New algorithm helps identify and manage diabetic patients at increased fracture risk
- Microscopic insect odour detecting mechanisms discovered
- Researchers develop new approach to study how tuberculosis infects people
- FDA Approves Kalydeco (ivacaftor) for Cystic Fibrosis in Children Ages 12 to
- An ion channel differentiates newborn and mature neurons in the adult brain
- Socio-economic position associated with pregnant women’s exposure to environmental hazards
- Voters to settle dispute over ambulance employee break times
- AGA urges policymakers and stakeholders to improve affordability of drugs
- Increasing dietary protein may lower risk of diabetes in people with NAFLD
- New HIV therapy suppresses viral replication and increases immune cells in drug-resistant patients
- Broad Genetic Testing for NSCLC May Not Improve Survival