CEU UCH research group. Credit: Asociación RUVID Retinitis pigmentosa is a rare and hereditary neurodegenerative disease which causes vision loss due to the death of photoreceptors in the retina, and for which there is currently no treatment. A research group headed by professor María Miranda Sanz had previously studied the efficiency of progesterone to ameliorate […]Continue Reading ...
What is a progesterone test? A progesterone test measures the level of progesterone in the blood. Progesterone is a hormone made by a woman’s ovaries. Progesterone plays an important role in pregnancy. It helps make your uterus ready to support a fertilized egg. Progesterone also helps prepare your breasts for making milk. Progesterone levels vary […]Continue Reading ...
Progesterone is also used as a medication for pregnant women at risk of delivering too early, such as those who have given birth prematurely before. Still, giving extra progesterone to such women does not always prevent an early delivery. No one knows why. The new study used data from the 1,000 Genomes Project, a publicly […]Continue Reading ...
Giving progesterone to stop miscarriage may just affect child’s sexual orientation in later existence. Bisexuality is moderately not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by way of June Reinisch, Director Emerita […]Continue Reading ...
July 31, 2018 Retinitis pigmentosa is a rare and hereditary neurodegenerative disease which causes vision loss due to the death of photoreceptors in the retina, and for which there is currently no treatment. The research group at the Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera on Therapeutic Strategies for Ocular Pathologies, headed by professor María Miranda Sanz, had […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 A three-year, $750,000 grant from the National Institutes of Mental Health will help researchers determine whether the stabilization of ovarian hormones estradiol and progesterone can help lower symptoms associated with suicidality among females at risk for suicide. While estradiol and progesterone rise and fall over the course of the menstrual cycle, the […]Continue Reading ...
April three, 2017 at eight:25 PM Bisexuality is slightly not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by means of June Reinisch, Director Emerita of The Kinsey Institute in the USA, revealed […]Continue Reading ...
- Health Highlights: Oct. 15, 2018
- Largest study of ‘post-treatment controllers’ reveals clues about HIV remission
- Bad Blood in Silicon Valley: A conversation with John Carreyrou
- ANTRUK’s Annual Lecture sends out message on shortage of funds for antibiotic research
- NAM special publication outlines steps to ensure interoperability of health care systems
- Novel method uses just a drop of blood to monitor effect of lung cancer therapy
- New blood test could spare cancer patients from unnecessary chemotherapy
- Training young researchers to work with data volumes arising in the health sector
- New Metrohm IC method is reliable and convenient to use for zinc oxide assay
- Global AIDS, TB fight needs more money: health fund
- Understanding the forces that cause sports concussions
- Research points to new target for treating periodontitis
- New tool improves assessment of postpartum depression symptoms
- From Biopsy to Diagnosis
- Sexual harassment and assault linked to worse physical/mental health among midlife women
- Stumped by medical school? A Q&A with a learning specialist
- Targeting immune checkpoints in microglia could reduce out-of-control neuroinflammation
- FDA Approves Talzenna (talazoparib) for gBRCAm HER2-Negative Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Sleeping Beauty technique helps identify genes responsible for NAFLD-associated liver cancer
- Many U.S. adults confused about primary care, study shows