CEU UCH research group. Credit: Asociación RUVID Retinitis pigmentosa is a rare and hereditary neurodegenerative disease which causes vision loss due to the death of photoreceptors in the retina, and for which there is currently no treatment. A research group headed by professor María Miranda Sanz had previously studied the efficiency of progesterone to ameliorate […]Continue Reading ...
What is a progesterone test? A progesterone test measures the level of progesterone in the blood. Progesterone is a hormone made by a woman’s ovaries. Progesterone plays an important role in pregnancy. It helps make your uterus ready to support a fertilized egg. Progesterone also helps prepare your breasts for making milk. Progesterone levels vary […]Continue Reading ...
Progesterone is also used as a medication for pregnant women at risk of delivering too early, such as those who have given birth prematurely before. Still, giving extra progesterone to such women does not always prevent an early delivery. No one knows why. The new study used data from the 1,000 Genomes Project, a publicly […]Continue Reading ...
Giving progesterone to stop miscarriage may just affect child’s sexual orientation in later existence. Bisexuality is moderately not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by way of June Reinisch, Director Emerita […]Continue Reading ...
July 31, 2018 Retinitis pigmentosa is a rare and hereditary neurodegenerative disease which causes vision loss due to the death of photoreceptors in the retina, and for which there is currently no treatment. The research group at the Universidad CEU Cardenal Herrera on Therapeutic Strategies for Ocular Pathologies, headed by professor María Miranda Sanz, had […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 A three-year, $750,000 grant from the National Institutes of Mental Health will help researchers determine whether the stabilization of ovarian hormones estradiol and progesterone can help lower symptoms associated with suicidality among females at risk for suicide. While estradiol and progesterone rise and fall over the course of the menstrual cycle, the […]Continue Reading ...
April three, 2017 at eight:25 PM Bisexuality is slightly not unusual amongst women and men whose moms gained further doses of the intercourse hormone progesterone whilst pregnant. This is likely one of the findings of a find out about led by means of June Reinisch, Director Emerita of The Kinsey Institute in the USA, revealed […]Continue Reading ...
- People who eat red meat have high levels of chemical associated with heart disease, study finds
- New method uses water molecules to unlock neurons’ secrets
- New computer model predicts prostate cancer progression
- More Illnesses From Tainted Romaine Lettuce Reported
- Aspirin could reduce HIV infections in women
- Sacrificial immune cells alert body to infection
- Low-salt diet may be more beneficial for females than males
- Major soil organic matter compound battles chronic wasting disease
- Findings may open up new ways to treat dwarfism and other ER-stress-related conditions
- New computational model provides clearer picture of shape-changing cells’ structure and mechanics
- 10 Facts on Patient Safety
- Poorest dying nearly 10 years younger than the rich in ‘deeply worrying’ trend for UK
- Innovative care model for children with ASD reduces use of behavioral drugs in ED
- Spending time in and around Hong Kong’s waters linked to better health and wellbeing
- Simple measures to prevent weight gain over Christmas
- Research advances offer hope for patient-tailored AML treatment
- Researchers discover a ‘blind spot’ in atomic force microscopy
- Sprayable gel could help prevent recurrences of cancer after surgery
- SLU researchers explore how fetal exposure to inflammation can alter immunity in newborns
- How do patients want to discuss symptoms with clinicians?