Australians are safer too if temporary visitors can access HIV prevention. Credit: www.shutterstock.com Australia aims to “virtually eliminate” HIV transmission by 2022, according to the health minister’s new national HIV strategy. This ambitious goal has been made possible by biomedical HIV prevention, a new and highly effective way of preventing HIV using medications. But new […]Continue Reading ...
DNA. Credit: Creative Commons A UniSA scientist has called for Australia to embrace pharmacogenetic (PGx) testing to deliver medication more effectively and slash around $2.4 billion wasted each year through unsafe and ineffective drug prescriptions. Dr. Vijay Suppiah, a senior lecturer in pharmacy at UniSA, says PGx testing—mapping a person’s genetic makeup—is the most effective […]Continue Reading ...
The World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed that Australia has managed to eliminate the viral infection rubella from its population. This is a significant achievement on part of the country’s healthcare system. WHO defines elimination of a disease as “reduction to zero of the incidence of infection caused by a specific agent in a defined […]Continue Reading ...
By Dr Ananya Mandal, MDApril 23, 2018 According to a new study more and more young Australians are needing knee reconstruction surgeries that have risen by more than 70 per cent in the last 15 years. The new study was published today in the journal Medical Journal of Australia. Taping for ACL tear. Image Credit: […]Continue Reading ...
An American who describes himself because the “global’s #1 anti-vaxxer” has been barred from getting into Australia, officers mentioned Thursday, in an extra crackdown at the anti-immunisation motion after outbreaks of preventable illnesses. Kent Heckenlively had defined plans to go back and forth to Australia in December as a part of a “Bad Science” excursion […]Continue Reading ...
Hovering heating prices imply many prone Australians undergo chilly properties and the related dangers to their fitness. Credit score: Paul Vasarhelyi from www.shutterstock.com A pervasive fable in Australia is that sizzling climate is the best risk to our fitness. In truth, it is much more likely chilly climate will kill you. For all our fear […]Continue Reading ...
July 10, 2017 An interview with Sue MacLeman, CEO MTPConnect, carried out by way of April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab) Are you able to please give an outline of Australia’s Medtech, Biotech and Prescription drugs (MTP) sector? Australia is an stated international chief within the clinical generation, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector because of its colourful […]Continue Reading ...
A UniSA scientist has called for Australia to embrace pharmacogenetic (PGx) testing to deliver medication more effectively and slash around $2.4 billion wasted each year through unsafe and ineffective drug prescriptions. Dr Vijay Suppiah, a senior lecturer in pharmacy at UniSA, says PGx testing – mapping a person’s genetic makeup – is the most effective […]Continue Reading ...
May 2, 2018 A new research hub is set to transform Australia’s medical technology sector by developing cost-competitive technologies for the rapid production of medical devices. Researchers are working to create medical devices. Researchers from The University of Queensland’s Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology have teamed up with experts from industry, government and […]Continue Reading ...
April 16, 2018 In an Australian first, Cancer Australia today launched a Framework to improve the outcomes and experiences of people affected by lung cancer – the leading cause of cancer death in Australia. The Lung Cancer Framework: Principles for Best Practice Lung Cancer Care in Australia was unveiled at a Summit held in Sydney […]Continue Reading ...
Vaccines are some of the biggest public well being achievements in historical past. Credit score: shutterstock.com Ahead of vaccines have been evolved, infectious sicknesses equivalent to diphtheria, tetanus and meningitis have been the main explanation for dying and sickness on this planet. Vaccines are some of the biggest public well being achievements in historical past, […]Continue Reading ...
July 10, 2017 An interview with Sue MacLeman, CEO MTPConnect, performed by way of April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab) Are you able to please give an summary of Australia’s Medtech, Biotech and Prescribed drugs (MTP) sector? Australia is an said international chief within the clinical era, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector because of its colourful ecosystem […]Continue Reading ...
Meth used to be essentially the most regularly ate up illicit drug examined throughout all Australian areas. Credit score: College of Queensland A prime use of methylamphetamine and prescription medicines is an issue for regional Australia, in line with an Australian Felony Intelligence Fee (ACIC) document designed to struggle illicit medication. The Queensland Alliance for […]Continue Reading ...
- Breast Density Categorization Varies With Screening Modality
- Researchers explore link between metal exposure and Parkinson’s symptoms
- Around one in hundred people has autism spectrum condition in China
- Research paves way for new standard of care to improve heart’s pump function
- Exposure to HIV virus, antiretroviral therapy before birth linked to obesity and asthma-like symptoms
- Transgender men preserve their fertility potential after one year of testosterone therapy
- Tighter Blood Pressure Control May Prevent Brain Lesions
- A reward now or later? Exploring impulsivity in Parkinson’s disease patients
- Financial incentives fail to increase completion rates of colorectal cancer screening tests mailed to patients
- New research program launched to highlight sexual harassment in academia
- Hemoglobin A1c blood test does not detect diabetes in most patients, shows study
- Wyss Technology licensed by Sherlock Biosciences to create affordable molecular diagnostics
- DWK Life Sciences launches KIMBLE GLS 80 Media Bottle and Multiport Cap System
- New study aims to reduce online sexual exploitation of children
- Want healthier eating habits? Start with a workout
- New approach to prescribing antibiotics could curb resistance
- Theravance Biopharma Announces First Patient Dosed in Phase 2b/3 Study of TD-1473 in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis
- Prenatal DHA prevents blood-pressure increase from obesity during childhood
- Combined immunosuppression may be effective, safe in treating older patients with Crohn’s disease
- GSK sells health drinks arm, buys US cancer treatment firm