The World Health Organization (WHO) has confirmed that Australia has managed to eliminate the viral infection rubella from its population. This is a significant achievement on part of the country’s healthcare system. WHO defines elimination of a disease as “reduction to zero of the incidence of infection caused by a specific agent in a defined […]Continue Reading ...
May 2, 2018 A new research hub is set to transform Australia’s medical technology sector by developing cost-competitive technologies for the rapid production of medical devices. Researchers are working to create medical devices. Researchers from The University of Queensland’s Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology have teamed up with experts from industry, government and […]Continue Reading ...
April 16, 2018 In an Australian first, Cancer Australia today launched a Framework to improve the outcomes and experiences of people affected by lung cancer – the leading cause of cancer death in Australia. The Lung Cancer Framework: Principles for Best Practice Lung Cancer Care in Australia was unveiled at a Summit held in Sydney […]Continue Reading ...
Vaccines are some of the biggest public well being achievements in historical past. Credit score: shutterstock.com Ahead of vaccines have been evolved, infectious sicknesses equivalent to diphtheria, tetanus and meningitis have been the main explanation for dying and sickness on this planet. Vaccines are some of the biggest public well being achievements in historical past, […]Continue Reading ...
July 10, 2017 An interview with Sue MacLeman, CEO MTPConnect, performed by way of April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab) Are you able to please give an summary of Australia’s Medtech, Biotech and Prescribed drugs (MTP) sector? Australia is an said international chief within the clinical era, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector because of its colourful ecosystem […]Continue Reading ...
Meth used to be essentially the most regularly ate up illicit drug examined throughout all Australian areas. Credit score: College of Queensland A prime use of methylamphetamine and prescription medicines is an issue for regional Australia, in line with an Australian Felony Intelligence Fee (ACIC) document designed to struggle illicit medication. The Queensland Alliance for […]Continue Reading ...
By Dr Ananya Mandal, MDApril 23, 2018 According to a new study more and more young Australians are needing knee reconstruction surgeries that have risen by more than 70 per cent in the last 15 years. The new study was published today in the journal Medical Journal of Australia. Taping for ACL tear. Image Credit: […]Continue Reading ...
An American who describes himself because the “global’s #1 anti-vaxxer” has been barred from getting into Australia, officers mentioned Thursday, in an extra crackdown at the anti-immunisation motion after outbreaks of preventable illnesses. Kent Heckenlively had defined plans to go back and forth to Australia in December as a part of a “Bad Science” excursion […]Continue Reading ...
Hovering heating prices imply many prone Australians undergo chilly properties and the related dangers to their fitness. Credit score: Paul Vasarhelyi from www.shutterstock.com A pervasive fable in Australia is that sizzling climate is the best risk to our fitness. In truth, it is much more likely chilly climate will kill you. For all our fear […]Continue Reading ...
July 10, 2017 An interview with Sue MacLeman, CEO MTPConnect, carried out by way of April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab) Are you able to please give an outline of Australia’s Medtech, Biotech and Prescription drugs (MTP) sector? Australia is an stated international chief within the clinical generation, biotechnology and pharmaceutical (MTP) sector because of its colourful […]Continue Reading ...
- Nabriva Therapeutics Completes Submission of New Drug Application to U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Intravenous Contepo to Treat Complicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Beating breast cancer only to die of opioid use – a sad Appalachian story
- Workplace bullying or violence linked to higher risk of cardiovascular problems
- Changes in Risk Indicators of MetS Severity Tied to T2DM Risk
- ‘Game-changing’ skin sensor could improve life for a million hydrocephalus patients
- Alcohol ads on social media sites with pro-drinking comments increase desire to drink
- Neural networks could replace marker genes in RNA sequencing
- Obese adolescents feel less food enjoyment than those with normal weight, study reveals
- Goodbye ‘Gluten-Free’? Celiac Disease Vaccine May Make It Possible
- Skin ages when the main cells in the dermis lose their identity and function
- Rainforest vine compound makes pancreatic cancer cells susceptible to nutrient starvation
- A new mechanism in the control of inflammation
- Age-related decline in abstract reasoning ability predicts depressive symptoms over time
- Scientists succeed in increasing stability, biocompatibility of light-transducing nanoparticles
- Sugar, a ‘sweet’ tool to understand brain injuries
- Pharmacist-Led Effort Cuts Inappropriate Rx in Older Adults
- Novel discovery could lead to new cancer, autoimmune disease therapy
- AHA and ADA launch new initiative to help people with type 2 diabetes reduce heart disease risk
- Balanced production of pro and anti-inflammatory cytokines at two years of age protects against malaria
- New pharmacological agent shows promise for prevention of heart rhythm disorders