August 15, 2018 Eating breakfast before exercise may “prime” the body to burn carbohydrates during exercise and more rapidly digest food after working out, University of Bath researchers have found. Scientists from the University’s Department for Health, working with colleagues at the universities of Birmingham, Newcastle and Stirling, were studying the effect of eating breakfast […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, July 25, 2018 — Prolonged use of opioid painkillers before total knee or hip replacement may greatly increase a patient’s risk of repeat surgery and hospitalization, a new study says. Opioid use should be considered yet another risk factor for surgeons and patients to consider before elective joint replacement, wrote lead researcher Dr. Hue […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, March 28, 2018 — An immune system response may reveal presence of the deadly Ebola virus before symptoms appear, researchers report. Currently, there’s no way to diagnose Ebola until symptoms show up, which can occur anytime between 2 and 21 days after exposure to the virus, the researchers explained. But by the time symptoms […]Continue Reading ...
October 4, 2017 Researchers are 3D printing replica human vertebrae which act and feel like real bone tissue to help train spinal surgeons before they go into live operations. A project led by Nottingham Trent University aims to give trainee surgeons the “tactic knowledge” of how it feels to partly remove or drill into vertebrae […]Continue Reading ...
April 28, 2018 Kourtney Kardashian on Wednesday appeared before Congress to voice her support of the Personal Care Products Safety Act, a bill introduced by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) that would require cosmetic companies to ensure that their products are safe before marketing them to consumers. Dr. Steve Xu, a resident […]Continue Reading ...
The discovery of a chemical compound that halts the production of a small set of proteins suggests a new drug search strategy: find compounds that target undesired proteins before they even get…Continue Reading ...
- Application of blood pressure guidelines ups treatment
- Stanford researchers find that small molecule may help treat enzyme deficiency
- Speed Cameras Save Money and Lives in New York City
- Men who conform to ‘the man box’ more likely to consider suicide and violence
- Researchers aim to create more authentic organoids for drug testing, transplantation
- New blood test for pediatric brain tumor patients offers safer approach than surgical biopsies
- Age-related estrogen increase may be the culprit behind inguinal hernias in men
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- Researchers uncover new role of TIP60 protein in controlling tumour formation
- Behind the scenes of a lifesaving heart surgery
- ‘To See the Suffering’
- Drinking concentrated rosemary extract can boost memory by up to 15%, shows research
- Medicare Advantage riding high as new insurers flock to sell to seniors
- NHS tackles prescription fraud to save millions
- New molecular switch may help develop sophisticated photomedications
- Health Highlights: Oct. 12, 2018
- Study holds promise for new pediatric brain tumor treatment
- Patient advocate uses MRI scans to create art and spark conversations about life with illness
- Fish oil based diets may suppress growth and spread of breast cancer cells
- Number of VHA facilities offering acupuncture has increased rapidly