Fasting before getting your blood drawn for cholesterol tests is common practice, but new research from Michigan State University shows it is a contributing factor of low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, in patients who take diabetes medications. The study, published in the International Journal of Endocrinology, shows that people with diabetes are more likely to […]Continue Reading ...
Intermittent fasting helps lose weight and promotes health. However, it is not superior to conventional calorie restriction diets, scientists from the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ) and Heidelberg University Hospital have found out in a study called HELENA – the largest investigation on intermittent fasting to date.The scientists conclude that there are many paths leading […]Continue Reading ...
New research, in mice, indicates that a natural sugar called trehalose blocks glucose from the liver and activates a gene that boosts insulin sensitivity, reducing the chance of developing diabetes. Activating the gene also triggers an increase in calories burned, reduces fat accumulation and weight gain, and lessens measures of fats and cholesterol in the […]Continue Reading ...
May 21, 2018 Br Dr Ananya Mandal, MD One of the new fangled diets include fasting frequently to lose weight. A team of researchers speaking at the European Society of Endocrinology’s annual meeting at Barcelona last weekend have said that this could be severely detrimental to health. Image Credit: Ekaterina Markelova / Shutterstock According to […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: iordani/shutterstock Intermittent fasting is these days the entire rage. However do not be fooled: it is a lot more than simply the newest fad. Fresh research of this type of fasting – with limited consuming a part of the time, however now not the entire time – have produced quite a lot of […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Would possibly 1, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Up to chances are you’ll hate the day by day restrictions of a traditional vitamin, a brand new learn about displays that fasting at some point and consuming what you need the following will not be a greater method to drop some pounds. After twelve months, researchers […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Might 1, 2017 — Up to you could hate the day by day restrictions of a traditional nutrition, a brand new learn about displays that fasting at some point and consuming what you need the following might not be a greater method to shed weight. After twelve months, researchers discovered that weight reduction on […]Continue Reading ...
A new study examined the relationship between fasting hyperglucagonemia — which can negatively affect glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) — and several biochemical and glycemic factors in subjects with T2D or in a nondiabetic control group. The study results, which help to elucidate the mechanisms that underlie fasting hyperglucagonemia, are published […]Continue Reading ...
May 21, 2018 Fasting every other day to lose weight impairs the action of sugar-regulating hormone, insulin, which may increase diabetes risk, according to data presented in Barcelona at the European Society of Endocrinology annual meeting, ECE 2018. These findings suggest that fasting-based diets may be associated with long-term health risks and careful consideration should […]Continue Reading ...
May 10, 2018 A new pilot study conducted by UAB Department of Nutrition Sciences Assistant Professor Courtney Peterson, Ph.D., shows that eating early in the daytime and fasting for the rest of the day improves blood sugar control, blood pressure and oxidative stress, even when people don’t change what they eat. “We know intermittent fasting […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly three, 2017 Change-day fasting diets are simply as efficient as diets that prohibit energy on a daily basis, researchers on the College of Illinois at Chicago record. The learn about, revealed in JAMA Inner Medication, adopted 100 overweight adults for a yr. Contributors had been assigned to one in all 3 nutrition teams: […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Trade-day fasting didn’t produce awesome adherence, weight reduction, weight upkeep, or cardioprotection as opposed to day-to-day calorie restriction, in a 100-participant, single-center, randomized keep watch over trial. Pay attention to the rising approval for alternate-day fasting regimens over the last few years, involving a “rapid day” the place people devour 25% in their […]Continue Reading ...
- Blueprint Medicines Announces Updated Results from Ongoing EXPLORER Clinical Trial of Avapritinib Demonstrating Broad Clinical Activity and Significant Symptom Reductions in Patients with Systemic Mastocytosis
- Study clarifies ApoE4’s role in dementia
- Neuronal activity in the brain allows prediction of risky or safe decisions
- FDA Alerts Health Care Professionals and Patients Not to Use Drug Products Intended to be Sterile from Promise Pharmacy
- Improving dementia care and treatment saves thousands of pounds in care homes
- Heroin-assisted treatment can offer benefits, reduce harms
- People covered by Michigan’s expanded Medicaid program report improvements in health, finds study
- Hazelnuts improve micronutrient levels in older adults
- History of Partner Violence Tied to Menopause Symptoms
- Clean Up Safely After a Disaster|Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
- Drug wholesalers drove fentanyl’s deadly rise, report concludes
- Deprescribing could help manage polypharmacy in older adults
- Retraction of article “Joy of cooking too much” from journal
- FDA Warns of Rare Stroke Risk With MS Drug Lemtrada (Alemtuzumab)
- Feds say heroin, fentanyl remain biggest drug threat to US
- Eliminating microglia can reverse some aspects of stress sensitization, study shows
- New genetic insight could help treat rare debilitating heart and lung condition
- MiRagen Therapeutics Announces Final Safety, Biodistribution and Clinical Efficacy Data From Phase 1 Cobomarsen Clinical Trial in Patients With Mycosis Fungoides
- Work with your doctor to weigh pros, cons of treatment options for hyperthyroidism
- CWRU researcher secures $14.6 million funding for genetic study into Alzheimer’s disease