Children of mothers who had gestational diabetes during pregnancy could be at increased risk of type 1 diabetes themselves, according to a new study led by a team at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI-MUHC) that was published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ). Early detection of diabetes is important […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—Gestational weight gain in excess of guidelines from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) is associated with increased risk of severe maternal morbidity, according to a study published in the March issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology. Marissa H. Platner, M.D., from the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, and colleagues conducted a retrospective cohort study […]Continue Reading ...
Credit: public domain A blood test conducted as early as the 10th week of pregnancy may help identify women at risk for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related condition that poses potentially serious health risks for mothers and infants, according to researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Scientific Reports. […]Continue Reading ...
July 20, 2018 A diet and exercise regime for high-risk obese pregnant women, whilst effective in promoting a healthy lifestyle, does not prevent gestational diabetes, finds a study led by King’s College London. The findings, published in the Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, suggest that programmes promoting healthy behaviours are unlikely to be effective in preventing […]Continue Reading ...
May 21, 2018 Gestational diabetes may predispose women to early-stage kidney damage, a precursor to chronic kidney disease, according to a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Diabetes Care. Gestational diabetes occurs only in pregnancy and results when the level of blood sugar is too […]Continue Reading ...
August 10, 2017 South Asian women folk in Ontario are at excessive threat for gestational diabetes, however a transformation in weight-reduction plan and pre-pregnancy weight may make an important distinction, in line with a brand new learn about from McMaster College. The analysis learn about, known as the South Asian Delivery Cohort (START), is led […]Continue Reading ...
April 28, 2017 Mellitus, LLC nowadays reported the e-newsletter of effects from a potential, investigator-initiated learn about performed at Brigham and Girls’s Medical institution demonstrating the prospective scientific software of glycated CD59 (GCD59) as a unique biomarker for the screening and prognosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). The knowledge from this learn about confirmed unmarried […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area In an evaluation that incorporated greater than 1.three million pregnancies, weight achieve all the way through being pregnant that used to be better or not up to tenet suggestions used to be related to a better possibility of inauspicious results for moms and babies, in comparison with weight achieve inside […]Continue Reading ...
Mar 11 2019 Researchers at Cardiff University have found that women taking metformin and/or insulin during gestational diabetes could reduce the risk of long-term complications for their child. The team discovered that the placentas of women treated with the drugs didn’t exhibit DNA alterations associated with type 2 diabetes, while those of women not treated […]Continue Reading ...
August 16, 2018 A blood test conducted as early as the 10th week of pregnancy may help identify women at risk for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related condition that poses potentially serious health risks for mothers and infants, according to researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Scientific Reports. […]Continue Reading ...
July 19, 2018 Gestational diabetes may increase the risk of blood vessel dysfunction and heart disease in offspring by altering a smooth muscle protein responsible for blood vessel network formation. Understanding of the protein’s function in fetal cells may improve early detection of disease in children. The study is published ahead of print in the […]Continue Reading ...
Professor Leigh Ackland (left), Director of Deakin’s Centre for Mobile and Molecular Biology, and Deputy Director of the Molecular and Clinical Analysis SRC and Ms Bronwyn Halfpenny (proper), Victorian Govt Well being Ambassador for Diabetes. Credit score: Deakin College Deakin researchers have recognized an epigenetic marker that predicts threat of sort 2 diabetes in girls […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 In line with a find out about printed by way of JAMA, weight achieve all the way through being pregnant (gestational weight achieve) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be connected with the next possibility of difficult maternal and toddler results, in comparison with […]Continue Reading ...
SAN DIEGO – The presence of metabolic abnormalities in early life is related to gestational diabetes publicity in utero, researchers reported right here. Insulin resistance in offspring used to be related to maternal gestational diabetes throughout being pregnant, related to the next HOMA2-IR worth (β=zero.83, PContinue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 Consistent with a find out about revealed by means of JAMA, weight acquire all over being pregnant (gestational weight acquire) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be related with a better chance of difficult maternal and toddler results, when put next with weight acquire […]Continue Reading ...
- Cardiometabolic Risk Better ID’d in Children Reclassified to Higher BP
- How the obesity epidemic is taking a toll on our bones and joints
- E-cigarettes contaminated with dangerous microbial toxins
- Researchers document specific characteristics of storefront tobacco advertisements
- Oncotype DX-guided treatment could reduce cost for breast cancer care, study suggests
- New review highlights how lifestyle affects our genes
- Study provides evidence that blood tests can detect Alzheimer’s risk
- Physicians turning to antibiotic alternatives for long-term acne treatment
- Preschool Is Prime Time to Teach Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Study finds insidious and persistent discrimination among physician mothers
- Newly identified skin-gut communication helps illuminate link between food allergy and eczema
- Thiazide use linked with reduced risk of low energy fractures in people with Alzheimer’s
- Some women are biologically more resilient than others to PTSD
- The Current issue of “The view from here” is concerned with Partnerships and Alliances
- Imaging method reveals long-lived patterns in cells of the eye
- Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ The Abortion Wars Rage On
- Prolonged exposure therapy is more effective in treating veterans with PTSD, alcohol use disorder
- Our artificial cornea breakthrough could lead to self-assembling organs
- A Stanford black, female, gay surgery resident speaks out
- Donna Lynne on Extreme Sports, Lessons From the '60s, and Taking CUIMC to the Next Level