Credit: public domain A blood test conducted as early as the 10th week of pregnancy may help identify women at risk for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related condition that poses potentially serious health risks for mothers and infants, according to researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Scientific Reports. […]Continue Reading ...
August 16, 2018 A blood test conducted as early as the 10th week of pregnancy may help identify women at risk for gestational diabetes, a pregnancy-related condition that poses potentially serious health risks for mothers and infants, according to researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Scientific Reports. […]Continue Reading ...
July 19, 2018 Gestational diabetes may increase the risk of blood vessel dysfunction and heart disease in offspring by altering a smooth muscle protein responsible for blood vessel network formation. Understanding of the protein’s function in fetal cells may improve early detection of disease in children. The study is published ahead of print in the […]Continue Reading ...
Professor Leigh Ackland (left), Director of Deakin’s Centre for Mobile and Molecular Biology, and Deputy Director of the Molecular and Clinical Analysis SRC and Ms Bronwyn Halfpenny (proper), Victorian Govt Well being Ambassador for Diabetes. Credit score: Deakin College Deakin researchers have recognized an epigenetic marker that predicts threat of sort 2 diabetes in girls […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 In line with a find out about printed by way of JAMA, weight achieve all the way through being pregnant (gestational weight achieve) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be connected with the next possibility of difficult maternal and toddler results, in comparison with […]Continue Reading ...
SAN DIEGO – The presence of metabolic abnormalities in early life is related to gestational diabetes publicity in utero, researchers reported right here. Insulin resistance in offspring used to be related to maternal gestational diabetes throughout being pregnant, related to the next HOMA2-IR worth (β=zero.83, PContinue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 Consistent with a find out about revealed by means of JAMA, weight acquire all over being pregnant (gestational weight acquire) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be related with a better chance of difficult maternal and toddler results, when put next with weight acquire […]Continue Reading ...
Blood glucose tracking. Credit score: Wikipedia Outside air temperature has an immediate hyperlink to the chance of gestational diabetes, with a 6% to nine% relative build up within the possibility of diabetes for each and every 10°C build up in temperature, in keeping with a learn about revealed in CMAJ (Canadian Clinical Affiliation Magazine. “We […]Continue Reading ...
July 20, 2018 A diet and exercise regime for high-risk obese pregnant women, whilst effective in promoting a healthy lifestyle, does not prevent gestational diabetes, finds a study led by King’s College London. The findings, published in the Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, suggest that programmes promoting healthy behaviours are unlikely to be effective in preventing […]Continue Reading ...
May 21, 2018 Gestational diabetes may predispose women to early-stage kidney damage, a precursor to chronic kidney disease, according to a study by researchers at the National Institutes of Health and other institutions. The study appears in Diabetes Care. Gestational diabetes occurs only in pregnancy and results when the level of blood sugar is too […]Continue Reading ...
August 10, 2017 South Asian women folk in Ontario are at excessive threat for gestational diabetes, however a transformation in weight-reduction plan and pre-pregnancy weight may make an important distinction, in line with a brand new learn about from McMaster College. The analysis learn about, known as the South Asian Delivery Cohort (START), is led […]Continue Reading ...
April 28, 2017 Mellitus, LLC nowadays reported the e-newsletter of effects from a potential, investigator-initiated learn about performed at Brigham and Girls’s Medical institution demonstrating the prospective scientific software of glycated CD59 (GCD59) as a unique biomarker for the screening and prognosis of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). The knowledge from this learn about confirmed unmarried […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area In an evaluation that incorporated greater than 1.three million pregnancies, weight achieve all the way through being pregnant that used to be better or not up to tenet suggestions used to be related to a better possibility of inauspicious results for moms and babies, in comparison with weight achieve inside […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Right through being pregnant, an excessive amount of weight achieve or too little weight achieve have been each related to opposed maternal and offspring results. Word that 47% had gestational weight achieve more than IOM suggestions and 23% had gestational weight achieve not up to suggestions. Right through being pregnant, an excessive amount […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Might 15, 2017 — Out of doors air temperature might affect a pregnant girl’s possibility of creating gestational diabetes, a brand new learn about suggests. Moms-to-be in very chilly climes are much less prone to broaden diabetes all through being pregnant than girls uncovered to warmer temperatures, researchers say. If borne out in different […]Continue Reading ...
- New anti-inflammatory compound acts as ‘surge protector’ to reduce cancer growth
- Significant flaws found in recently released forensic software
- New Leash on Life? Staying Slim Keeps Pooches Happy, Healthy
- Men and women remember pain differently
- Rising air pollution linked with increased ER visits for breathing problems
- Study uses local data to model food consumption patterns among Seattle residents
- The brain’s cerebellum plays role in controlling reward and social behaviors, study shows
- Relationship between nurse work environment and patient safety
- Pioneering surgery restores movement to children paralyzed by acute flaccid myelitis
- Genetic variants linked with risk tolerance and risky behaviors
- New research provides better understanding of our early human ancestors
- First-ever tailored reporting guidance to improve patient care and outcomes
- 4.6 percent of Massachusetts residents have opioid use disorder
- New study suggests vital exhaustion as risk factor for dementia
- New antibiotic discovery heralds breakthrough in the fight against drug-resistant bacteria
- Ural Federal University scientists synthesize a group of multi-purpose fluorophores
- Researchers identify new therapeutic target in the fight against chronic liver diseases
- Preparation, characterization of Soyasapogenol B loaded onto functionalized MWCNTs
- FDA Approves Ontruzant (trastuzumab-dttb), a Biosimilar to Herceptin
- Tobacco use linked with higher use of opioids and sedatives