New clinical review provides the most comprehensive treatment guidelines for severe atopic dermatitis (eczema) A team of investigators from the University of Colorado College of Nursing at CU Anschutz Medical Campus and National Jewish Health has identified comprehensive guidelines for managing severe atopic dermatitis (AD), the most common form of eczema. The clinical management review […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Jan. 11, 2019 (American Heart Association) — As in most things, family matters. Specifically, your family’s ethnicity could make a difference, at least when it comes to cholesterol and your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. In a recent update of cholesterol guidelines, a national panel of scientists and health experts stressed […]Continue Reading ...
Source: Department of Health and Human Services – PDFContinue Reading ...
Newcastle University experts are chairing a national session on new guidelines for the early detection and treatment of sarcopenia – a loss of muscle strength that affects many older people in the UK. It is estimated that hundreds of thousands of older people live with the condition in the UK, and identification and treatment is […]Continue Reading ...
The American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology have released their latest 121 page guidelines on risk assessment and management of high cholesterol for people who are at a greater risk of heart attacks or strokes. The recommendations titled, “AHA/ACC/AACVPR/AAPA/ABC/ACPM/ADA/AGS/APhA/ASPC/NLA/PCNA guidelines on the management of blood cholesterol: a report of the American College […]Continue Reading ...
International guidelines recommend direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) over warfarin to prevent stroke for most patients with atrial fibrillation (AF). However, a substantial portion of patients in Canada, who would benefit from anticoagulation, do not receive it adequately or at all. Experts review the evidence for the use of DOACs in the Canadian Journal of Cardiology, […]Continue Reading ...
EUSA Pharma (EUSA) welcomes the news that FOTIVDA® (tivozanib) is expected to be included in the upcoming European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) clinical practice guidelines for advanced renal cell carcinoma (aRCC), anticipated to be published at the end of this year. The outline of the new proposed guidelines was presented on 19th October at […]Continue Reading ...
High-resolution model of six insulin molecules assembled in a hexamer. Credit: Isaac Yonemoto/Wikipedia Disease management programmes (DMPs) should be regularly updated to adapt them to the current state of medical knowledge. Requirements for the content of DMPs are laid down in a directive of the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA), the main decision-maker in the German […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—The American Society of Hematology (ASH) has developed new guidelines for the treatment of venous thromboembolism (VTE); the clinical practice guidelines were recently published in Blood Advances. The guidelines address prophylaxis for hospitalized and nonhospitalized medical patients, diagnosis of VTE, heparin-induced thrombocytopenia, treatment of pediatric VTE, VTE in the context of pregnancy, and the optimal […]Continue Reading ...
Taking cholesterol-lowering drugs, or statins, as a preventive measure can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. A study by the University of Zurich now shows that this measure is recommended too often, as current guidelines fail to take into account the risks of side effects. Even healthy people who don’t suffer from a cardiovascular disease […]Continue Reading ...
The American Department of Health and Human Services has released a set of guidelines this Monday (12th November 2018) regarding the amount of exercise individuals need in order to stay healthy. The guidance is aimed at the sedentary population warning them of the ill effects of not being physically active. Image Credit: Tom Wang / […]Continue Reading ...
Home News Professional AAD Releases New Guidelines for the Tx of Cutaneous Melanoma THURSDAY, Nov. 1, 2018 — New guidelines have been released for the treatment of primary cutaneous melanoma, according to a report from the American Academy of Dermatology published online Nov. 1 in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. Susan M. […]Continue Reading ...
altanaka/Shutterstock”> You can’t test for autism with a simple blood test or scan, which can make the diagnostic process difficult and dependent on the skill and experience of the clinician. Credit: altanaka/Shutterstock New Australian autism guidelines, released today, aim to provide a nationally consistent and rigorous standard for how children and adults are assessed and […]Continue Reading ...
Verastem, Inc. (Nasdaq: VSTM) (Verastem Oncology or the Company), focused on developing and commercializing medicines to improve the survival and quality of life of cancer patients, today announced that the National Comprehensive Cancer Network® (NCCN®) added COPIKTRA™ (duvelisib) capsules to the Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines®) for follicular lymphoma (FL). COPIKTRA is an […]Continue Reading ...
Disease management programmes (DMPs) should be regularly updated to adapt them to the current state of medical knowledge. Requirements for the content of DMPs are laid down in a directive of the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA), the main decision-maker in the German health care system, and are applied nationwide. On behalf of the G-BA, the […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA Adds Boxed Warning for Increased Risk of Death with Gout Medicine Uloric (febuxostat)
- Phone-based intervention aids rheumatoid arthritis care
- Opioid epidemic makes eastern inroads and targets African-Americans
- New identified biomarker predicts patients who might benefit from HER2-targeted agents
- Study offers new insights into mechanisms of changes in erythrocytes under stress
- Antipsychotic polypharmacy may be beneficial for schizophrenia patients
- Patients with diabetes mellitus have high risk of stable ischemic heart disease
- Transparency on healthcare prices played key role in Arizona health system’s turnaround
- A comprehensive, multinational review of peppers around the world
- Study finds modest decrease in burnout among physicians
- A simple change can drastically reduce unnecessary tests for urinary tract infections
- Deep Learning-Enhanced Device Detects Diabetic Retinopathy
- Researchers discover new binding partner for amyloid precursor protein
- Modest decrease seen in burnout among physicians, researchers say | News Center
- Transplanting bone marrow of young mice into old mice prevents cognitive decline
- Mogrify to accelerate novel IP and cell therapies using $3.7m USD funding
- Johns Hopkins study describes cells that may help speed bone repair
- Scientists demonstrate influence of food odors on proteostasis
- Researchers unlock the secret behind reproduction of fish called ‘Mary’
- Acupuncture Could Help Ease Menopausal Symptoms