Credit: CC0 Public Domain Studying two rare inherited cancer syndromes, Yale Cancer Center (YCC) scientists have found the cancers are driven by a breakdown in how cells repair their DNA. The discovery, published today in Nature Genetics, suggests a promising strategy for treatment with drugs recently approved for other forms of cancer, said the researchers. […]Continue Reading ...
July 17, 2018 Studying two rare inherited cancer syndromes, Yale Cancer Center (YCC) scientists have found the cancers are driven by a breakdown in how cells repair their DNA. The discovery, published today in Nature Genetics, suggests a promising strategy for treatment with drugs recently approved for other forms of cancer, said the researchers. The […]Continue Reading ...
Analysis into inherited human herpesvirus 6 identifies origins in a small selection of other people 1000’s of years in the past and highlights the prospective to ‘reactivate’.Continue Reading ...
August 30, 2017 A world be taught of built-in HHV-6 has came upon small choice of human ancestors, one from about 24,000 years in the past, had been liable for transmitting historical lines of the virus to folks as of late – affecting about 1,000,000 other folks in the United Kingdom by myself. Analysis led […]Continue Reading ...
July 12, 2018 A new study led by researchers at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health has identified some of the first known inherited genetic variants that significantly raise a person’s likelihood of developing clonal hematopoiesis, an age-related white blood cell condition linked with higher risk of certain blood […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area A world learn about of built-in HHV-6 has found out small collection of human ancestors, one from about 24,000 years in the past, had been chargeable for transmitting historical lines of the virus to people as of late – affecting about one million folks within the U.Okay. on my own. […]Continue Reading ...
Egg-cell of a feminine fruit fly with the egg cellular through which H3K27me3 was once made visual via inexperienced staining. This cellular, along with the sperm, will give a contribution to the formation of the following era of flies. Within the higher proper nook, a maternal and paternal pre-nucleus are depicted ahead of their fusion […]Continue Reading ...
- Neurons with good housekeeping are protected from Alzheimer’s
- Is mindfulness worthy of all the hype?
- Physical Activity, Any Type or Amount, Cuts Health Risk from Sitting
- New understanding in the evolution of human feet
- AHA: New Cholesterol Guidelines Put Ethnicity in the Spotlight
- Different brain areas linked to smoking and drinking
- Henry Marsh shares insights into neurosurgery and more at Dean’s Lecture Series
- Want to Live Longer? For Just 30 Minutes a Day, Do Anything Else But Sit
- The Current issue of “The view from here” is concerned with Targets
- Plain packaging sparked tobacco price rises, new study finds
- Sedentary lifestyles can be unhealthy, physical activity can lower risk
- Gut microbiome may help prevent development of cow’s milk allergy
- Lesbian, gay and bisexual individuals more likely to suffer severe substance use disorders
- New England Journal of Medicine Publishes Positive Results of the Pivotal Trial of Cablivi (caplacizumab) for Rare Blood Clotting Disorder
- Levels of inflammatory marker (CRP) linked to housing type and tenure
- Three gifts I’m glad I gave myself in 2018
- Columbia’s Pediatrics Department Names New Vice Chairs, Expands Leadership
- US FDA Accepts Regulatory Submissions for Review of Tafamidis to Treat Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy
- Staying fit can cut your risk of heart attack by half
- Vitamin D supplements are of no gain to those over 70, study shows