Li Ma, Ph.D. Credit: MD Anderson Cancer Center Researchers at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center have discovered that a form of RNA called metastasis-associated lung adenocarcinoma transcript 1 (MALAT1) appears to suppress breast cancer metastasis in mice, suggesting a potential new area of therapeutic investigation. The findings, published in the Oct. 22 […]Continue Reading ...
A new study by University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center researchers suggests that targeting a protein known as collagen XIII could be key for suppressing breast cancer metastasis. Breast cancers begin in the epithelial cells, which are the cells that line organs and tissues in the body. Generally, most epithelial cells will die after detaching […]Continue Reading ...
June 21, 2018 A groundbreaking discovery by University of Alberta researchers has identified previously-unknown therapeutic targets that could be key to preventing the spread of cancer. In a new study published in Nature Communications, the team found that by inhibiting several newly identified gene targets they could block more than 99.5 percent of cancer metastasis […]Continue Reading ...
May 8, 2018 Cancer is most devastating when it metastasizes–when tumor cells break away, travel through the bloodstream, and then attach elsewhere, only to grow another tumor. A significant amount of scientific research has focused on finding ways to prevent metastasis. For some time, scientists have understood that a particular biochemical pathway, known as the […]Continue Reading ...
March 31, 2017 at three:55 AM Barts Most cancers Institute provide new findings at International CDx Europe 2017 convention in London ANGLE % (AIM:AGL OTCQX:ANPCY), the specialist medtech corporate, is thrilled to announce that researchers from the Barts Most cancers Institute (BCI), Queen Mary College of London, have offered new effects on the International CDx […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers from the University of Luxembourg have discovered a molecular mechanism that is responsible for the spread of cancer cells in the body and the development of metastases in patients with colon cancer. Their findings could help to develop treatments that inhibit tumor growth. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is among the most prevalent cancer types worldwide, […]Continue Reading ...
June 4, 2018 Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is the most common form of liver cancer, and the third biggest cause of death from cancer worldwide. Although HCC patients have benefited from recent improvements in diagnoses and various therapies, their average survival time is still only 16.2 months, falling to just under 6 months in those whose […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2017 A College of Delaware researcher is a part of a staff that just lately gained a grant from the Nationwide Institutes of Well being to broaden a brand new solution to read about how most cancers cells metastasize. The grant will likely be used to broaden a tissue-engineered platform to analyze what […]Continue Reading ...
- Study provides new information regarding microRNA function in cellular homeostasis of zebrafish
- Study provides new understanding of mysterious ‘hereditary swelling’
- Researchers shed new light on how to combat Shiga and ricin toxins
- Pregnant Women Commonly Refuse Vaccines
- Drug treatment could offer new hope for some patients with brain bleeding
- Health care financial burden of animal-related injuries is growing, study says
- Macrophage cells could help repair the heart following a heart attack, study finds
- Researchers develop new system for efficiently producing human norovirus
- New artificial intelligence-based system to differentiate between different types of cancer cells
- Healthy Lifestyle Lowers Odds of Breast Cancer’s Return
- New research identifies two genes linked to serious congenital heart condition
- NIH Director talks science, STEM careers with preteens
- Disabling a Cellular Antivirus System Could Improve Gene Therapy
- New tool swiftly provides accurate measure of patients’ cognitive difficulties
- NICE releases new guidelines for diagnosis and management of COPD
- Without Obamacare penalty, think it’ll be nice to drop your plan? Better think twice
- Researchers capture high-resolution X-ray and NMR image of key immune regulator
- Natural flavonoid is effective at treating leishmanisis infections, study shows
- Avoidant grievers unconsciously monitor and block mind-wandering contents, study shows
- Study identifies how hantaviruses infect lung cells