WEDNESDAY, Sept. 19, 2018 — Against the backdrop of an unrelenting opioid crisis, two new government reports warn that America’s seniors are succumbing to the pitfalls of prescription painkillers. Issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the reports reveal that millions of older Americans are now filling prescriptions for many different opioid […]Continue Reading ...
Shirley Avedon, 90, had never been a cannabis user. But carpal tunnel syndrome that sends shooting pains into both of her hands and an aversion to conventional steroid and surgical treatments is prompting her to consider some new options. “It’s very painful, sometimes I can’t even open my hand,” Avedon said. So for the second […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Starvation does no longer appreciate age. A up to date record evaluating information from 2007 to 2015 reveals five.four million other people age 60 or older within the U.S., or eight.1 p.c, are meals insecure. Even supposing this share went down from 2014 to 2015, it is nonetheless unacceptable, in step with […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better fee of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey reveals. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the US. Whilst three out of four seniors regarded as themselves […]Continue Reading ...
Supply: Nationwide Institute on Growing older – Similar MedlinePlus Pages: Seniors’ Well beingContinue Reading ...
March 5, 2018 The high-tech aids seniors rely on to summon help if they fall might not be as effective as they’d like to believe. A new review co-written by University of Alberta researchers concludes that fall detection technologies–monitors like wearable wristbands and pendants or at-home sensors–need to be more extensively explored and tested outside […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better price of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey unearths. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the USA. Whilst three out of four seniors thought […]Continue Reading ...
Greater than part of aged sufferers (age 65 and older) who visited an emergency division on account of accidents sustained in a fall suffered antagonistic occasions – together with further falls, hospitalization…Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 28, 2017 — While you call to mind cell phones and riding, you most likely image a chatty youngster at the back of the wheel. However new analysis means that seniors are frequently responsible of this unhealthy apply, too. And that is the reason true even supposing they have got youngsters within the […]Continue Reading ...
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Announces Release of Updated Poziotinib Data From MD Anderson Phase 2 Study in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients
- Cancer stem cells use ‘normal’ genes in abnormal ways
- Bad Blood: A conversation with investigative reporter John Carreyrou | News Center
- As U.S. fertility rates collapse, finger-pointing and blame follow
- Researchers develop promising targeted strategy to treat chemo-resistant blood cancer
- Pilot clinical trial shows effectiveness of bioelectronic medicine device for lupus
- Genentech’s combination therapy improves outcome in patients with non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer
- 11th World Stroke Congress examines high stroke impact in low- and middle-income countries
- Breast cancer survival could be extended with two new drug combinations
- Researchers discover how acne-causing bacteria resist treatment
- Cancer trial shows treating the prostate with radiotherapy improves survival
- New hope for a drug to treat lymphedema symptoms
- Immune-Based Treatment Helps Fight Aggressive Breast Cancer, Study Finds
- Takeda announces positive Phase 3 ALTA-1L data in first-line therapy for advanced ALK+ NSCLC
- Paternal exercise has significant impact on child’s lifelong metabolic health
- Targeting specific genomic mutation in breast cancer improves survival
- Loss of tumor protein p53 helps cancer cells grow in hostile environment
- IDT to demonstrate CRISPR expertise at European-focused events
- Breathing through the nose improves memory consolidation
- Recreational Marijuana Now Legal in Canada