March 5, 2018 The high-tech aids seniors rely on to summon help if they fall might not be as effective as they’d like to believe. A new review co-written by University of Alberta researchers concludes that fall detection technologies–monitors like wearable wristbands and pendants or at-home sensors–need to be more extensively explored and tested outside […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Starvation does no longer appreciate age. A up to date record evaluating information from 2007 to 2015 reveals five.four million other people age 60 or older within the U.S., or eight.1 p.c, are meals insecure. Even supposing this share went down from 2014 to 2015, it is nonetheless unacceptable, in step with […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better fee of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey reveals. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the US. Whilst three out of four seniors regarded as themselves […]Continue Reading ...
Supply: Nationwide Institute on Growing older – Similar MedlinePlus Pages: Seniors’ Well beingContinue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better price of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey unearths. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the USA. Whilst three out of four seniors thought […]Continue Reading ...
Greater than part of aged sufferers (age 65 and older) who visited an emergency division on account of accidents sustained in a fall suffered antagonistic occasions – together with further falls, hospitalization…Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 28, 2017 — While you call to mind cell phones and riding, you most likely image a chatty youngster at the back of the wheel. However new analysis means that seniors are frequently responsible of this unhealthy apply, too. And that is the reason true even supposing they have got youngsters within the […]Continue Reading ...
- New method provides a ‘big picture’ of genetic influences on traits and diseases
- Early Onset Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Heart Disease, Shorter Life
- SMURF1 provides targeted approach to preventing cocaine addiction relapse
- Genetic testing pushed for hereditary high cholesterol disease
- Researchers discover new genes involved in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Medicare to overhaul ACOs but critics fear fewer participants
- Adolescent health projects receive meager percentage of global funding, study finds
- University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center launches new CAR-T therapy trial
- In the addiction battle, is forced rehab the solution?
- Busting myths about milk – Scope
- Platelet-rich plasma does not enhance cartilage formation capabilities of stem cells
- Wearable devices and ‘mhealth’ technology emerge as promising tools for better health
- Phase 2 Clinical Data Published Showing Summit’s Ridinilazole Preserved Gut Microbiome of Patients with CDI
- Cardiac progenitor cells undergo a cell fate switch to build coronary arteries
- Study identifies potential guidance to treat gastric cancer patients
- Revealed: The molecular mechanism underlying hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, or “workaholic heart”
- Diabetes epidemic in Guatemala driven by aging, not obesity
- New technology shows potential to streamline the analysis of proteins
- Rethinking the stroke rule ‘time is brain’
- Incidence of coronary artery compression in children may be more common than previously thought