March 5, 2018 The high-tech aids seniors rely on to summon help if they fall might not be as effective as they’d like to believe. A new review co-written by University of Alberta researchers concludes that fall detection technologies–monitors like wearable wristbands and pendants or at-home sensors–need to be more extensively explored and tested outside […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Starvation does no longer appreciate age. A up to date record evaluating information from 2007 to 2015 reveals five.four million other people age 60 or older within the U.S., or eight.1 p.c, are meals insecure. Even supposing this share went down from 2014 to 2015, it is nonetheless unacceptable, in step with […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better fee of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey reveals. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the US. Whilst three out of four seniors regarded as themselves […]Continue Reading ...
Supply: Nationwide Institute on Growing older – Similar MedlinePlus Pages: Seniors’ Well beingContinue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better price of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey unearths. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the USA. Whilst three out of four seniors thought […]Continue Reading ...
Greater than part of aged sufferers (age 65 and older) who visited an emergency division on account of accidents sustained in a fall suffered antagonistic occasions – together with further falls, hospitalization…Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 28, 2017 — While you call to mind cell phones and riding, you most likely image a chatty youngster at the back of the wheel. However new analysis means that seniors are frequently responsible of this unhealthy apply, too. And that is the reason true even supposing they have got youngsters within the […]Continue Reading ...
- Small part of cellular protein that helps form long-term memories also drives neurodegeneration
- Four-legged friends can have heart issues, too
- Scientists create small, self-contained spaces inside mammalian cells
- Better Social Support Network Protects Black Men Against HIV
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- Burnout, depression can affect ophthalmology residents, study finds
- Latinos and African Americans more likely to experience serious depression than Whites
- Data from past epidemic could help improve response to future Ebola outbreaks
- Researchers provide insight into how the memory molecule limits brain plasticity
- OSU biologist describes ‘restoration ecology’ approach toward patient health
- New approach to study brown fat could aid in finding treatments for obesity
- Could More Fish in the Diet Boost Sex Lives and Fertility?
- NTU Singapore and SERI invent new scope to diagnose glaucoma
- Cancer cells co-opt pain-sensing ‘neural channel’ to increase tolerance against oxidative stress
- Study uncovers why pesticide exposure increases Parkinson’s disease risk in some people
- Study finds link between lead exposure and fertility rates
- Delivery of standardized diabetes care could help achieve equitable health outcomes for all patients
- FDA authorizes marketing of OsteoDetect software for detecting wrist fractures
- Children and adolescents growing up in extreme societal conditions more likely to resort to violence
- New study puts forth most comprehensive tree of life for malaria parasites