WEDNESDAY, Sept. 19, 2018 — Against the backdrop of an unrelenting opioid crisis, two new government reports warn that America’s seniors are succumbing to the pitfalls of prescription painkillers. Issued by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the reports reveal that millions of older Americans are now filling prescriptions for many different opioid […]Continue Reading ...
Shirley Avedon, 90, had never been a cannabis user. But carpal tunnel syndrome that sends shooting pains into both of her hands and an aversion to conventional steroid and surgical treatments is prompting her to consider some new options. “It’s very painful, sometimes I can’t even open my hand,” Avedon said. So for the second […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Starvation does no longer appreciate age. A up to date record evaluating information from 2007 to 2015 reveals five.four million other people age 60 or older within the U.S., or eight.1 p.c, are meals insecure. Even supposing this share went down from 2014 to 2015, it is nonetheless unacceptable, in step with […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better fee of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey reveals. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the US. Whilst three out of four seniors regarded as themselves […]Continue Reading ...
Supply: Nationwide Institute on Growing older – Similar MedlinePlus Pages: Seniors’ Well beingContinue Reading ...
March 5, 2018 The high-tech aids seniors rely on to summon help if they fall might not be as effective as they’d like to believe. A new review co-written by University of Alberta researchers concludes that fall detection technologies–monitors like wearable wristbands and pendants or at-home sensors–need to be more extensively explored and tested outside […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. four, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Older teenagers are much more likely to do dangerous issues whilst riding and feature a better price of crashes and close to misses than their more youthful classmates, a brand new survey unearths. Researchers surveyed 2,800 highschool scholars throughout the USA. Whilst three out of four seniors thought […]Continue Reading ...
Greater than part of aged sufferers (age 65 and older) who visited an emergency division on account of accidents sustained in a fall suffered antagonistic occasions – together with further falls, hospitalization…Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 28, 2017 — While you call to mind cell phones and riding, you most likely image a chatty youngster at the back of the wheel. However new analysis means that seniors are frequently responsible of this unhealthy apply, too. And that is the reason true even supposing they have got youngsters within the […]Continue Reading ...
- Eczema Can Drive People to Thoughts of Suicide: Study
- Link between neonatal vitamin D deficiency and schizophrenia confirmed
- Nurse denied life insurance because she carries naloxone
- Ritalin drug affects organization of pathways that build brain networks used in attention, learning
- Research pinpoints two proteins involved in creation of stem cells
- Gut bacteria may modify effectiveness of anti-diabetes drugs
- How imaginary friends could boost children’s development
- Folate deficiency creates more damaging chromosomal abnormalities than previously known
- Study provides new insights into molecular mechanisms underlying role of amyloid in Alzheimer’s disease
- For the asking, a check is in the mail to help pay for costly drugs
- UA scientists uncover biological processes leading to rare brain disorder in babies
- The largest database on industrial poisons
- ESMO Immuno-Oncology Congress showcases novel technologies set to benefit many cancer patients
- Ovid Therapeutics Announces Plans to Move into a Phase 3 Trial in Pediatric Patients Based on End-of-Phase 2 Meeting for OV101 in Angelman Syndrome
- Left ventricular noncompaction – Genetics Home Reference
- Children’s sleep not significantly affected by screen time, new study finds
- When should dementia patients stop driving? A new guidance for clinicians
- Researchers use INTEGRA’s VIAFLO 96/384 to streamline the experimental workflow
- Researchers discover protein involved in nematode stress response
- Cancer patients have greater risk of developing shingles, study shows